Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PANDL Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Just returned from 2 wonderful weeks in Belize--our first time there--and it was fabulous!

I will do a trip report with photos later but in general, here are my thoughts.

We moved around a bit and spent time on the mainland, then north of the cut, and in town.

My first impression of A.C. after the first few nights was that everyone on all the other Carribean islands/countries need to come to Belize and take lessons from the Belizeans. I was floored by their hospitality. In my 20 years of traveling I have never experienced anything like it. (The manager, a sales rep, and activity coordinator at Costa Maya excluded).

We spent most of our time at Paradise Villas through Cap'n Ron and it was wonderful. Great location, the grounds very nice, and for being close to town it was very quiet and felt secluded. Nice pool too. Our units were fully equipped and didn't need anything. The beds were surprisingly very comfortable. Usually when you travel, the beds are too hard. Everything exceeded my expectations.

We dove with Reef Adventures which is right by Paradise Villas. The crew there is wonderful! Ched, Phillip, Russell and the rest of the gang took good care of us. They're all a bunch of sweethearts. (I hope I didn't embarass Russell too much). The small dive groups was a HUGE plus! Which we learned after going to the Blue Hole with a large dive operation and a group of about 10--not exactly fun. It becomes a battle to stay away from people crowding you and swimming under you and pushing you out of the way for that "perfect photo." No consideration for other divers. Not the diver operator's fault, though, but it's inevitable in groups that large.

We also spent a couple nights at Costa Maya and the only thing I will say about that is that the unit we had was great, the views spectacular, and the grounds were pretty nice. A great place if you want seclusion, quiet, relaxation and access to nothing. The waiters, maintenance staff, bartenders were great.

After lurking on this message board for the last couple months and after actually visiting Belize, I finally felt I had something to contribute and felt I needed to give credit where credit was due.

Thank you for all the info/indirect advertising or whatever you want to call it that you all post here. It was very helpful in planning our trip.

Sorry this was so long. Full trip report to follow.

You got bitten by the "BUG"! Glad you enjoyed PARADISE!!

here we go ,another living the dream candidate .

Living The Dream Every Day!
S
S
Thanks for the report,you have discovered what many of us already know,the people of Ambergris Caye make San Pedro "feel like home." This board reflects the charm of San Pedro most of the time,and we are blessed to have the "in the know " posters we have here.Marty has created a separate board for your trip report,I will look forward to reading it there.I have stayed at Paradise Villas a couple of times myself,great location.Glad to hear you had a good time.

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
P
PANDL Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Our pictures are finally posted in the trip report section.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 207 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.