Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
I read a great trip report (missplaced the URL somehow) that had some infomation on days and times to avoid due to large crowds from cruise ships. We plan to visit Lamanai or Alta Ha, and Shark Ray Alley. Does anyone have any advice on days & times to avoid if you want to avoid the crowds? I have heard the ships are in port only on certain days. And it can help to get an early start if possible.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
From what I remeber the bad days were Wednesday and Saturday.

T
OP Offline
T
I found the Trip Report I referenced which mentions days to avoid as Tuesday, Wednesday, Thurs. This also agrees with a search of http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/default.aspx (thanks klcman)which puts the bulk of the cruise traffic on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thurs, also (at least during our visit). Saturdays have none some weeks and quite a bit on others so it depends on your timing.

Trip report: http://www.johnwall.com/travel/belizeguatemala/

P
P
You either need to go to bed earlier or get up later........Crusie Ships don't make a dent here??!!??!! Go to Hol Chan or on a day trip to Lamanai at the wrong time, almost any day, and you'll see a bloody great hole, let alone a dent.

Marty,
Is there a way to keep certain boarders from posting between midnight and 7:00am?
As I used to tell my teenager when she would go out at night, "Nothing good happens from midnight to 5:00am." laugh
Pam

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
lacy perhaps you should ask travelqueen, I dont think she drinks as much.

Shark Ray and HOL Chan are almost always crowded IMHO in the middle of the day (10 to 3).

Pam You need to get out more, some of the best places in San Pedro don't open til about midnight. With old age I have been known to post once or twice in the middle of the night but only because I'm up to take a wizz. I wish I could still last all night.
laugh laugh

hmmm there's another comment ready to be here now BB, but decorum prevents me wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Geez Louise, if I couldn't post here at 3 am, what would I do with myself.

Nevermind, klc. Don't answer that.

Oops, wrong part of the board for this. I must have self-discipline. I must have self-discipline. I must have . . . I must . . . have . . .

Um, what the heck was I talking about anyway?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.