Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Sorry to be so anal with all the questions I've been asking, but I'm an information junkie.

On AC, can one drink the water/chill drinks with ice cubes, and, can the salads be eaten in the restaurants? I've got some less than pleasant memories of trips to Mexico. frown

Coming to you from the beautiful Oley Valley.
The water and ice are good but always travel with liquid cork.

Anal? was that a pun?

OP Offline
Originally posted by Belikin Bill:
The water and ice are good but always travel with liquid cork.

Anal? was that a pun?
Thanks for the information, and yes, it was. Good pickup. laugh

Coming to you from the beautiful Oley Valley.
AC is not Mexico. The food and water are safe. This used to be a British conlony.

L
L
Our resort(CM) ran out of ice (almost)every night,and we were up North.There are no places to buy ice that are open when you want. I made sure during the day to get a bag or two to have at the room just in case.It never made us sick and its nice to have ice..Oh Yes!!

L
L
The food never was a problem and yes you can drink the water. Ice is a commodity though.IMHO.

The water is fine & so is the ice right out of the frig, the only time I would consider buying ice is if I were making Frozen drinks in the blender. Brushing your teeth wiyh the tap water has never been a problem, as said earlier " this ain't Mexico," thank God.

L
L
Don'y worry clover, till the ice runs out!!

J
J
Have drunk the water on San Pedro for over 4 years totalling 12 trips and made ice with the tap water. Never got sick. bought bags of ice . Never got sick. Ate lots of salads. Never got sick. No worries about the ice or the water on ambergris caye, John in denver

We always had bottled water. My husband and friends made coffee with tap water and said it was fine. I made the first ice with tap water and could taste it when my drink watered down. No one else could.
Most of the salads I had were crisp and tasty. I especially liked the one I had at Elvi's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 292 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.