Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#11908 - 10/10/01 04:17 PM House "Dutch Treat" Placencia
Susanne Roggen Offline
Hello, Does anybody know if the orange and
purple house "Dutch Treat" on the beach is all together gone (just in front of David Rabren's house in Placencia Village)

Thanks, it is hard to get info in Holland

Thank for all your reply's! I have spoken to
mrs Lydia's famaly and they are keeping me posted. It is a real tragedy for Placencia!

[This message has been edited by Susanne Roggen (edited 10-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Susanne Roggen (edited 10-24-2001).]

#11909 - 10/10/01 07:16 PM Re: House "Dutch Treat" Placencia
ceciljohnston Offline
Lynn and Doug who live right next to Dave's old house still have their house standing. Doug said he was flying there from Colorado today to survey the damage. I imagine that BTL is out for now but you may be able to reach them at travlnjack@hotmail.com. We own the light blue house across from Manatee Inn.

#11910 - 10/22/01 01:08 PM Re: House "Dutch Treat" Placencia
mtntrader Offline
I got an e-mail from Lynn Jackson this a.m. and she says all that is left of your place is the floor. We stayed there this year and have property a bit to the south of you. If you have an e-mail address you can contact me at zlandlady@rmi.net and I will forward her account to you. Geri

#11911 - 10/23/01 02:00 PM Re: House "Dutch Treat" Placencia
Nash Offline
Cecil, I saw your post on the board. I forgot to get your email address the last time I saw you in Placencia. Please drop me a line so we can catch up. Thanks.

#11912 - 10/23/01 05:33 PM Re: House "Dutch Treat" Placencia
holdleo Offline
if dutch treat is gone, do you know if Calbert Gardiner and Donna Eiley's house is still standing? They own Nite Wind by the dock but their house is right next to the 'dutch treat'.
thx for any info.

#11913 - 10/24/01 09:39 AM Re: House "Dutch Treat" Placencia
Nash Offline
If you're facing the water and looking at Dutch Treat, the house directly to the left is badly damaged. Only the floor and two walls are standing.

#11914 - 10/24/01 10:09 AM Re: House "Dutch Treat" Placencia
finkbe Offline
Dear Dutch Treat,
Calbert and Donna's house is OK, but their Nitewind building at the point was blown down. Calbert is my son-in-law's (Chris Small or Tio)oldest brother, and I run a sea kayaking business out of Placencia. I just returned from Placencia to Michigan this past Sunday after flying down the day after the hurricane. My husband, Joe, is still there until next week. I live on the lagoon side of Placencia, and the roof and second story of my house were blown off. My kayak storage room on the lower level was left and the kayaks are OK. I will return to run kayak trips from mid-December to mid-June.
Right now, we are living in a tent on my back porch. There is no water, no electricity and no phone. My husband does have a cellular phone on him which he is recharging with a generator, so it is off and on. His phone number is 011-501-190251. You are welcome to try and reach him to have him check things out for you.
Although I didn't get to the front beach, I heard that all the beachfront houses had been destroyed, and that all those in your vicinity were blown back and piled up in front of Mr. Berty's house. Some of the houses were even blown to the lagoon side of the road. Dave Rabren's fence was washed away as was the sidewalk. The road is now cleared, and clean-up seems to be going fairly fast. I'm very sorry about your house.
Keep in touch.
Sherry Finkbeiner www.kayakbelize.com
Saddle Caye South Limited
scsltd@btl.com or finkbe10@pilot.msu.edu
US phone number: 517-626-6680

#11915 - 11/05/01 11:53 AM Re: House "Dutch Treat" Placencia
ceciljohnston Offline
I just returned from Placencia and have a picture of what is left of your house. I can send it to your email address if you like.

#11916 - 11/07/01 05:57 PM Re: House "Dutch Treat" Placencia
BeliBelly Offline
Finally some word about the lagoon side. Does anyone know what's going on with the tall house with Rasta stripes in which Leslie Vernon was staying, or the homes newly built and for sale by the Bella Beach owners? Good to hear Clent Whitehead OK, and wonder if Mother Oceans being resurrected or sold?

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Still a Bronco fan, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,188 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.