Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#119268 - 03/17/06 08:30 AM Mark your location on the globe, see where everyone is at
Marty Offline
wanna mark your location onto a map? lets see where everyone is at....
http://www.frappr.com/ambergriscayemessageboard

to add your pin, click the map and fill out the short form. soon i can edit that form so some fields may go away if we decide they aren't needed. works best to zoom in real close before you add your pin so you can get real exact

the slider bar at the upper left of the map will zoom you in and out. the arrows will move you left right and up and down.

the zoom will go way way down close. the map is centered on ambergris caye, so sliding the bar up will zoom you way in close onto the island. tho the last couple settings at the top (super super duper close) do not work, so if you set the zoom clear to the top, back up just a bit and up pops the island.

it's tied into google maps, so the detail is pretty neato.

in the upper right corner there are three square buttons. they change the view of the earth from a map with countries (MAP button), a view of the earth without boundaries and showing geographical forms (SATELLITE button), and a combination of both (HYBRID button).

amazing detail....

the ads at the bottom will go away soon (i did the pay version so there aren't ads but its going to take a couple days for them to change me over from the free version i guess), and the message board link is bogus and will go away too...

this should be fun

#119269 - 03/17/06 04:06 PM Re: Mark your location on the globe, see where everyone is at
NYgal Offline
Hon started it...

#119270 - 03/17/06 10:04 PM Re: Mark your location on the globe, see where everyone is at
Marty Offline
there were 48 markers on the new one i put up, i am sorry but i am switching to the older one that has been up awhile that i wasn't aware of, so you may have to put your self down again if you aren't on the old one (which is the one we are going to use).

new one we aren't going to use anymore is here:
http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/showguestmap.do?id=mcasado

old one i am going to use (and is now in the link at the top of this thread) is here:
http://www.frappr.com/ambergriscayemessageboard

sorry for the confusion

#119271 - 03/17/06 11:45 PM Re: Mark your location on the globe, see where everyone is at
shelley Offline
Thanks Marty, this is very cool

#119272 - 03/18/06 08:53 AM Re: Mark your location on the globe, see where everyone is at
lacysisland Offline
Marty, the maps were very cool, even if my navagation was poor..I found my way..

#119273 - 03/18/06 12:19 PM Re: Mark your location on the globe, see where everyone is at
collyk Offline
Will we be able to change our locations? As in 63 days I will not be living in London but will be living on Ambergris Caye.

#119274 - 03/18/06 02:45 PM Re: Mark your location on the globe, see where everyone is at
Sun&sand Offline
How fun!!! Thanks Marty.

#119275 - 03/18/06 07:27 PM Re: Mark your location on the globe, see where everyone is at
Marty Offline
nice question collyk :> nie problem... i think so....

#119276 - 03/18/06 07:28 PM Re: Mark your location on the globe, see where everyone is at
Marty Offline
navigation is a bit odd. one gets used to it. google earth is so rad....

#119277 - 03/19/06 01:39 PM Re: Mark your location on the globe, see where everyone is at
Hon Offline
collyk, you simply log on to the map and click on 'edit this entry' and then 'basic profile'. To edit the location field just start typing San Pedro, some choices will drop down and you can pick the one you want...Belize of course laugh

btw, I am trying to control my insane jealousy of your impending move. No success so far wink

http://www.frappr.com/ambergriscayemessageboard/map

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 58 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.