Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Ambergris Caye First Responders:

Sterling Vorus of Island Ferry stated that he is currently training his staff to handle many emergencies such as rescuing stranded boaters, first aid, search and rescue, evacuations and ambulance service for the north end to San Pedro and/or to Belize City. This service will now be known as the Ambergris Caye First Responders which is under the umbrella of Ian Anderson's Belize Disaster Response & Rescue Team which is providing all the training.

Mr. Vorus stressed the need to create guidelines in San Pedro for proper procedures to follow for different types of emergencies. A coordinated effort between the Town Council, local doctors and transportation businesses needs to be put in place so that all residents, hotel staff and tour guides know exactly what to do no matter what type of emergency arrives to be able to deal with the emergency in a timely manner that will save lives.

There is currently a defibrillator located at the Island Ferry office on Fido's dock and one at Journey's End Resort.

Cullen Walker has donated much needed equipment, such as a backboard, cervical collars, hot and cold packs, bandages, etc. to the Ambergris Caye First Responders to be able to better offer these services.

Many people don't realize that Sterling will close his business in times when these emergency services are needed. He does not get reimbursed for fuel or time lost and has never asked for it. However, when these emergencies arise, he is always willing to do what he can in using his business's resources to help when it is most desperately needed.

The Ambergris Caye First Responders is in need of financial help and/or equipment help. If anyone can donate to this much needed service, please contact Jules Escalante at 621-3295 or Sterling Vorus at 226-3231.

We all would like to thank both Sterling Vorus and Cullen Walker for creating the Ambergris Caye First Responders.

At Last! There are angels walking on the earth.
How wonderful to have someone I can call to help in emergencies, especially north of the bridge.

wonderful, reassuring news

C
C
Marty, do you have an email addy for anyone? I am a full-time Police Officer, and have worked on both an ambulance service, and fire dept in the past. I could maybe make a few calls and gather some gear together if I knew what they needed. Eric

Marty, are volunteers needed? I'm a trauma/ED nurse. Not there full time, but when I am there I would be most willing to serve in any capacity I can.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Sounds great,
I wll plan on bringing A.E.D. trainer& video& books when I come down 4/29/06.
Jerry
American Red Cross Inst.

S
S
We appreciate the many offers of help for this organization. Any one wishing to assist, please PM me with your e-mail address and we will put you on the contact list to keep you informed about our progress and future needs.

"Just another Day in Paradise"

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.