Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
YES! keep their parents handy when you are getting on the first flight just in case you need to call em. i have had kids turned away at my first flight (no notarized statement). its very ugly. emergency phone calls to parents at work that failed. can get very panicky when all suitcases are packed and they tell you at the airport one kid out of 6 can't get on. avoid it at all costs.

its no problem with your own children travelqueen, tho i remember now, we needed the permission from BOTH parents. we've taken a lot of friends kids down, and never had any trouble at Belize customs. only getting onto the planes in the usa.

very interesting reading the trouble folks had with one deceased parent.

Permission from both parents? Like a signed notarized something'a rather from Dad? It will be enough of a challenge getting him to the passport office, then to sign a permission slip... oh not sure it's worth it. wink

If he knows we're going, no issue. It's going out of his way to make it happen that'll be the challenge. Thanks Marty.

Even at the passport office, both parents have to accompany him to make the application.

RMT Offline
Depends on where you are maybe dabunk. I took my son myself to get his passport processed at the courthouse here in Pa.

Originally posted by travelqueen:
...from both parents? ... If he knows we're going, no issue. It's going out of his way to make it happen that'll be the challenge.
Can certainly commiserate w/you, knowing what my sis went thru, and the ex didn't even need to go for the passport! :rolleyes:

Maybe Post or Passport Office will have a Notary right there, then you can bring the letter for him to sign at same time.

Good luck!

MARG
I needed a consent for a minor form notorized from my son's father to get his passport.the form can be downloaded from passport website..
www.travel.state.gov Click on passports tab and follow instructions from there.
He (the father)didnt have to accompany us to the passport office as long as I had this.
Also, get a permisssion to take him out of the country letter notorized from the absent parent unless you have proof of sole custody with you for customs etc.
Why take a chance?

Marg, yes great idea to have the letter with me when I've got him (the ex) at the passport office!!! Good one!

Catdog, thank you for the information. I assume that this form too needs to be notarized. May just get the ex to the passport office and do it all at once.

Thank you ALL. Hopefully others can benefit from this useful unformation.

Its hardly ever the Immigration people that ask for documentation, its the darn airlines. Also, it has more to do with a treaty between the U.S. and Mexico regarding missing and exploited children stolen from the U.S.
Nowadays, (speaking strictly of the U.S.) you can not even apply for a passport for a minor without the consent of both parents.
I got the "business" from Mexican immigration when exiting Mexico and coming into Belize with my daughter and granddaughter. He questioned the little 3 year old girl in pretty good english asking her if that was her mommy. Its good to see someone doing their job.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 292 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.