Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lisa D Offline OP
OP Offline
L
We are bringing one of my sons friends with us. We have a notarized consent from a parent. Is it necessary,and do we need anything else besides his passport? He is 17. Don't want any surprises!

Thanks

C
C
Lisa,
I once travelled down with a minor. I was told to have a notarized consent from BOTH parents (as non-custodial parents have been known to take their children out of the country).
You also need to make sure that on that notarized consent, it specifically gives you the power to sign for any emergency medical treatment.
Have fun.

L
Lisa D Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks for the info. his father just passed away a month ago, so am assuming just the mothers signature is required.

M
M
My husband died when my son was 7, the first trip I took after his death Iwas asked for proof of death by customs people,didn't have anything with me, a few tense moments, my son is now 14 and I still carry a copy of Bill's death certificate when ever I travel,I have been asked for it on 2 other occations, we live in Canada,not sure what is needed or asked for else where.

Hi, Lisa.

Definitely agree, airlines/customs can be very precise in these matters. My sis even had to get notarized permission letter from her ex-husband to take their daughter (she has sole custody) on a trip. (This was not a pleasant task, either.) :rolleyes:

BTW, my 16 yr old nephew and I will be arriving at Corona del Mar on Tues., 4/11, after a few days at Caves Branch. Will you be on AC then? Ryan's friend couldn't make this trip, so maybe the boys might want to meet up if you're there then ... at the "Chicken Drop" perhaps. LOL wink

Regards,
~Margaret~

MARG
L
Lisa D Offline OP
OP Offline
L
We arrive tomorrow and will defintely be at the chicken drop! We never miss it. I suspect we will be not be hard to spot! Look for the group with the loud boys! Lisa

I travel alone internationally with my kids and their friends all the time and have never been asked for any paperwork at all. Guess it depends on who you get at immigration.

I too have taken my teenage niece to San Pedro with me a few times. She had the notarized letter from her mother and papers showing mom as sole custodian in lieu of dad's letter. We were never asked for them in Belize. When we returned to the U.S. on one trip, I got the business from the U.S. immigration people about who I was and why I was traveling with my niece--go figure--but they also didn't ask for the papers. My in spite of this, I would not want to risk being turned away at Belizean immigration, so when we return this summer, I will again be sure she has the letter. Have a great trip. Sam

What a bummer. I didn't think it'd be this difficult to bring my young daughter. I thought a passport would be good enough... not cool but I understand the reason.

This will be my first time to Belize and on US Airways from Newark with these circumstances, but in the past when I took the boys to Cabo San Lucas and my niece to Mazatlan, Mex, Continental really scrutinized the documents and even asked the kids questions. It was the same double checking at the Mexico end. Yes, I guess it is a good idea, and not really much of an inconvenience.

:p

MARG
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.