Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
OP Offline
N
Hi All! I am looking for some help and guidance. My wife and I visited 2 years ago and were very interested in buying a villa or condo. We now are able to make the purchase and are considering the Reef Village complex. Can anyone give me some help on this. Thankyou. My wife and I are very excited about the idea of owning something on Ambergris Caye.

My hubby and I have purchased a condo at Reef Village, and we love it. It's not the top of the line, but it's also not bad. It's affordable, and if you are going to rent it when you aren't there, it's perfect. We spent three weeks there in Feb, and have no complaints. You do need to visit the finished units, and see for yourself the quality. Some of the board members have some not so nice things to say about it, but as an owner, I can say that it's perfect for us. Good luck...let me know if I can offer any other info. Email me and I'll give you the website for our condo...it's not finished, but gives you an idea of how it is on the inside.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
C
C

S
S
Retain a lawyer to assist with the legal aspects of property ownership in Belize. Worth the fee.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
G
G
Curious about how that complex handles the sewerage.

eek

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
GBZ39, go check it out. There is a holding tank behind the finished building. The system is an aerobic waste water treatment system. The solids go to the bottom, to be pumped out later and taken to the treatment plant. The liquids are treated, and eventually are clean enough to be used as gray water, to water gardens/lawns, etc. This same system is used in many parts of Texas and Louisianna and areas where conventional septic systems are not appropriate and town sewerage hook up isn't available. It's a pretty modern system, and one that many of the resorts/condos in the future will be using. My husband is very environmentally concerned. He went to visit the plant where this system is produced, and came away feeling pretty good about it. Eventually, the town sewerage will be available, but until then, this is the most environmentally friendly way to go.

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Sun & Sand -there is a far better system(which is totally environmentally friendly)- and indeed where is the crap going to get pumped out and into what??
also it is highly unlikely that the towns sewage will ever get north of the cut(call WASA and ask)

Pedro 1, What system would that be? I'm very interested. This is the best that was available for the use at the time. Always interested in a better way. Can you provide details? As for unlikely that the sewage will get north of the cut, until it does, the system can be added on to to accomodate. As for where the stuff is taken, I'm not exactly sure, but wherever the others with septic systems take stuff that's pumped out of their systems, is likely the place. It takes a very long time to accumulate enought to pump out. This system is environmentally friendly and serves the purpose.

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Pedro1, how do the others north of the cut manage their sewage? Are their systems far different?

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.