Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
News Tips, Rumours,
Letters to the Editor, Complaints
(or compliments)

Here's my news tip! It is a major tradegy that the town planning commision of San Pedro could have such an oversight about long term development. To allow a FOUR STORY! massive project on low lying beach front property in thelovely single family residential area of Boca Ciega, only to have the developer run out of funds to complete the project like so many dreamers and scammers that come to Belize. We have all seen the ugly monstrosities of development projects that get to the foundation stage and then sit idle forever with concrete crumbling and the steel rusting to where nothing can be done with it.
It is imperative that if developers have such ambitious intentions, the planning commision should at least request that they have the means to complete the project. Not to hope that they can pre-sell such rediculous pipe dreams. These foundations have sat for ten years and could sit for another ten!
These incomplete Banan Republic Dreams are scattered all over the beautiful island of Ambergris Caye! Meanwhile, all the surrounding propertiy owners are suffering in investment value.
It is absolute ignorance in the understanding of long term resort development management. Wake up and look at successful development around the globe. Look towards the North to Mexico our neighbor. This is the competition.
Take the time to go down and look at the project yourself. Imagine the number of toilets, the washing machines, the kitchen waste from the sinks on such a tiny little lot on the sea. Elsa Paz says, "Development is inevitable!" Educate yourselves on what is planned development for the future of investment and tourism on your island. Our island is supposed to be "Isla Bonita" not "Isla Basura".
[Anonymity Guaranteed]

Very good letter, Marty.

Where is the Boca Ciega area?

From what I read there is another 4-storey project 6 1/2 miles North at Mexico Beach - one of the narrowest pieces of land on the island.

Live and let live
Look to Mexico?? Last two times I was in Mexico, I saw many unfinished crumbling, rusting shells of projects unable to be completed.

Boca Ciega is down towards the south end of the island.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

I remember the current Aqua Marina setting for the longest time almost empty, and how about that big ugly eyesore Hotel or condos setting next to the Lazy Lizard on Caye Chaulker, it's been like that for years.
As Marty says this happens way to often.
Good point Marty!!

M
M
Does anyone have any input on the "sueno del Mar" project?

Ana
JZB Offline
I certainly have plenty of comments about this especially since it is in my neighborhood, but I'll spare you most of them. I don't think this monster of building should have been approved on such a small low lying lot. If the town is set on having 4 story buildings, put them on 2nd or 3rd row lots so that everyone else is not cut off from the view, sun and wind.

I am not sure if this particular building would look better completed or as an uncompleted mess. Not only would this building be 4 storeys but the town let them have virtually no setbacks, so there will be a 40 foot wall right next to the road. Thats very poor planning in my opinion and does not make for an 'isla bonita'!

Seashell -the last time you visited here there was not even single storey hotels.

Pedro 1, thanks for the laugh.

W
W
The Sueno del Mar project is located 12 miles north of San Pedro. It sits on 10 acres of land with 500' of beach front. There will be 16 buildings total with ony 3 of them being 3 stories high. None are 4 stories. My wife and I, several family members and friends own up there. If you want call me at 601-7909 when you get to San Pedro and I'll take you up and show you around. Or you can email me at [email protected]. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.