Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
i will say this many times, TRIP ADVISOR TOTALLY SUCKS. they are irresponsible, unprofessional, and really hard to deal with. a person can put a totally bogus post on their site, and when you try to get it removed, they nearly assault you and threaten to boot your login and worse.

even when you have PROOF its a bogus post. you simply cannot trust them. they are taking the easy road. they get their content free, and then refuse to police it. they must be real cheap. i police this board way more than they do theirs.

they review nothing. they remove nothing. they are not nice people either

i recommend we all boycott them and spread the word

[Linked Image]

Please give some examples because that hasn't been my experience.

Uh, allow me to rephrase. I've never asked them to pull a post of someone else's or my own. However, I have seen them pull many posts on specific threads. For example, some of those pulled posts were inappropriate and some were from an individual who had ownership in a condo complex and insisted on promoting it over and over and over again. This is against tripadvisor policy. Further, in the process of promoting his own property, he also denigrated and insulted other properties and other posters. Hmm, suddenly this sounds familiar to me.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
no examples i want to go into. trust me. many operators on ambergriscaye have had nightmares with them. they seem fine as a visitor. but get one of your properties on there, and see the bias and fat headedness they have. and you will see.

i have emails and emails from them. threats that are amazing. try to be specific with them and they get super defensive and ATTACK. its really quite amazing.

idiots. numbskulls. that site is total bs. wouldn't trust it anymore than yahoo.

don't get me started on yahoo. yahoo is in a coma, and its very tough to wake them up.

the same sites there under Belize were mostly added pre-1998. Some have gotten in since then, mostly paid ones.

The are foresaking their search database to focus on selling ads. Its the main reason google has shot way way past them for best search engine. Sites sent in in 1996 were added in a day. In 1997 they took a week. In 1998 they started taking months. Since 1999 they quit responding entirely and mainly just take pay for placement.

By ignoring their original focus, they desert the girl they brought to the dance, trying to pick up money money money. It will be their downfall.

google gets three-four times the use as yahoo (73% vs. 16% on ambergriscaye.com the last 5 days). yahoo use is slowly dying also, but they are still alive enough to be very important. try submitting to them. Its kind of like banging your head against the wall. it feels real good when you stop.

anyway i digress. just roll tripadvisor.com into a little ball and throw it away

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
seashell, if you have never asked them to remove a thread you have never played the game, you just watched it.

i am not saying some of their posts aren't true, i'm saying the administration is SOOOOOOOOOO WEAKKKKKKK and fatheaded that you simply cannot trust their output.

GIGO

Marty lots of folks in the travel biz say they are full of poo.poo.. they sell out to the highest bidder.and that they are full of bull.the truth is ????????????????????????????? I belive ya on this one marty.......

Living The Dream Every Day!
K
K
Oh, my!! That's where I first go to make a decision as to where to stay. For instance, my next trip (I hope) is to Roatan. I chose Luna Beach Resort based upon the reviews. My first choice was the Mayan Princess but TripA had TERRIBLE reviews while Luna Beach Resort had rave reviews. Please clue me in. Kathy

Marty, would you recommend gmail over yahoo mail? Should I switch?

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
never used either. i recommend you use email from your own domain. then its on your own server and less inspectable than from a large biz like yahoo. they will flip in a second

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Gmail is POP3 friendly out of the box, with Yahoo you have to pay $20/year.

KathyA, you may feel confident in your choice. If you don't believe me, just ask Islenutt, or Andrea in Atlanta.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.