Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#121090 04/16/06 07:46 AM
OP Offline
Went to his( Jerry Jeff) concert & he refused to play any "Belize" songs from his CD......Really thought that was poor taste on his part......Won't be going to any of his concerts again....WILL YOU?????

#121091 04/16/06 09:02 AM
Hey Texasgal...we went to one of his benefit concerts here in Virginia. Spoke with him for a few minutes, decided he was a pompas ass, and vowed not to pay to see him again. Of course, nothing says we can't listen to him from the beach. Enjoy his music, but his personality is zip.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
#121092 04/16/06 10:03 AM
OP Offline
Thank goodness it was free......I would really be pi**ed if I paid....lol

#121093 04/16/06 10:09 AM
E
E
Several years ago, I ask him to do a Benefit for the SPSC fund raiser at Lake Conroe. Reply "We dont do benefits but I will do it for $30,000" ! I told him "no thanks, you aint that good"

#121094 04/16/06 10:18 AM
S
spl Offline
S
Not to mention how bad his music is.

#121095 04/16/06 10:19 AM
Yeah, his music isn't as good as he thinks. I think there are a lot of amatures out there with waaay more talant than JJW. He thinks he's very good, tho, just ask him!!

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
#121096 04/16/06 12:49 PM
I agree with ya Texasgal, especially the way he said NO! I'm glad it was free also with that attitude.

#121097 04/17/06 04:16 AM
The only thing I ever liked was his Belize cd(Cowboy boots & bathing suits) but I ain't gona pay $50.us to hear it.

#121098 04/17/06 06:09 AM
S
S
Hey,

why must people who take the rights to make their own decisions always be crucified?

Of course it's Mr. Walker's right to play whatever he wants! I'm sure there are hundreds of songs on a wishlist of hundreds of fans. But still he can decide what he wants to play without immediately be banned!Maybe he cannot even hear these songs from his Belizean CD anymore? Why then should he play any of it?

And it's a very bad attitude to crucify somebody just because he does not want to be involved in any social activity - it's Mr. Walker's decision to participate and not participate wherever he wants! I always feel extremely bad if somebody asks me to donate for this and that (fire fighters, the poor children of wherever, the victims of wherever....). I made my decision where I'll support social needs and then I always have to hear "oh, you don't want to give for the poor children...." and they say it in a way to make you feel bad. No, it's not that I don't want to support poor children, but if I made up my mind to have my social activities somewhere else how could anybody try to make me feel bad?
For my opinion Mr. Walker should -like all of us- be able to decide when and where he would be active in social needs and it does not at all prove to have a bad personality if he does not want to do a benefit concert!
If I would listen to a concert for free I personally would surely say "Thank you" and not try to blame the artist for doing what we all claim as our personal rights!

#121099 04/17/06 07:01 AM
Very Nice, Sunny, but we paid $135 US a ticket, for a childrens benefit, and he was a pompas ass!! If it wasn't for the kids, we would have walked out. He didn't entertain the audience, he swapped "private jokes" between his band and a few people on the sidelines. He was not into entertaining us. More into making the $$ and getting the H out of there. Yes, you are right, he can choose to do what ever he wants to do with his time and effort. The public, however, doesn't have to pay for it. He has to remember that it's the PUBLIC and his FANS who kicked him up a notch to get him to where he is today. We aren't trying to crucify him, just speaking our piece on his lack of talent, and his huge opinion of himself. He will help us decide if we want to pay $$ to hear him by how he conducts himself among his fans. I for one, enjoy his music, but don't like him. So, it's my right to not like him, just as it's his right to be an ass.

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.