Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Not particularly fond of Palapa - too small and crowded.
However, I have been charged 2 different prices for wine at Pedro's and at Fido's in Feb. during the skydive event.
At Pedro's I was charged a lessor amount for the second glass, so I didn't complain. That was first time I had been there, so wasn't sure of the prices.
At Fido's I was charged a higher amount the second glass, so I did complain, as I have always paid the same there. I've been there multiple times, so I knew the prices.

Time flys - have fun!
That certainly elevates the old adage, people who live in glass houses shouldn't get stoned.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
I agree with IM that place ain't what it used to be
when it was the porch! But then i miss the Hideaway too ! confused

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I LOVE the Palapa Bar - and would gladly pay double the normal price for a beer there just for the view. Of course, my preference is always to have someone else pay for my beer... laugh
DP - there's a lot to be said for elevation! wink

It has never been crowded when I have been there. It is beautiful, I agree with Law. The view is outstanding. Occasionally they have brought us chips and salsa or ceviche with our drinks on the house.

L
L
I have to go with Ernie on this: nothing beats the classic old Palapa Bar!

They are not the only ones that charge tourists more - we should be an equal oportunity price basher here.
and why is that, is it assumed that we don't work equally as hard for our money? after all, it is san pedro that is too high priced for us to relocate to. hum??

most travel destinations have some places that have a tourist price and a local price. I have never seen anyone argue in Las Vegas...I lived there 5 yrs and EVERY bar and club was half price for local men and women and half of them were FREE to local ladies. Also had drink specials.

E
E
I dont recall ever paying for s drink in Vegas. Drinks are compd at the tables so why would you go to a bar and buy them?

lol, I said bars and clubs.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.