Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Pedro, I do not know the community or the people involved so I choose not to comment. But I do not see anyone twisting anyones arm to contribute. Each person can make their own decision. If this man and his son were important in the life of someone, let them do it. I do not see anyone begging, I may be wrong.

My heart goes out to everyone who will miss the young boy who died. As to the monetary donations to his family...if they are financially secure, and I assume so if the father is a physician, they may choose to re-donate the money they receive to some sort of charity. People will still be able to make donations if they feel that is the proper custom, the family can graciously accept those donations, then donate the money received to a charity of their choice. Seems all concerned would be satisfied that way.

There are three doctors here in PG, not one of them rich. But anyone of them would come out at 3 AM if my mom needed it and not one ever asked for a dime, only told me to make a donation to the PG hospital. I wish there were some still like that in the US.

S
S
Almost the same here.

How much of a proper donation are we talking about?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
thanks for the kindness, Marty! (and the clean up!)

OK - I give in I personally donate 50 bzd -please let everybody match this

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hello, Peter - I suspected there was a heart in there somewhere... not so sure about the liver laugh

Pedro, Your on, Where do I send a check?

Dr Otto has unselfishly served the community of San Pedro since 1982 and has never made money a priority in his life .Doctors in San Pedro will never be rich.I have never known him to send a bill for services rendered and he has sacrficed his own health for that of his community.His pay from Belize Govt would be much less than that of a hospital porter in the USA.Just the transport to and from the city will be a hardship for him and his family and he deserves any help given.As a nurse I have the utmost respect for him.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.