Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#121469 - 04/24/06 08:12 PM People just do not care
Pedro1 Offline
We are trying to raise money fior a fruit seller,and people still want to chat on a site which is designed to raise money-if you do not want to shell out-fine-but why comment-
On the other hand I see a number of the boards stallwarts not coming to the front-Simon,NYgal,Seashell,Chloe,Scubalady -What about it?????
this is designed for chat not raising money!!!!

#121470 - 04/24/06 08:18 PM Re: People just do not care
deacon+ Offline
Sorry,Peter. I deleted as soon as you said something.

#121471 - 04/24/06 08:20 PM Re: People just do not care
Tillie Offline
first of all, not everyone can contribute to each fundrasier. Of course many want to, but don't single out people askign for money. If they can or want to they will. I would like to contribue, could you send me a name of the family I could send money to or an account #. Thank you in advance.

#121472 - 04/24/06 08:22 PM Re: People just do not care
Tillie Offline
how sad you think people "just do not care." If someone can not contribute it does not mean they do not care. Again, please give me an address and I will gladly send.

#121473 - 04/24/06 08:24 PM Re: People just do not care
spl Offline
This is a shame people are arguing when it is over a situation such as this. Why post people do not care, did someone write they did not care? No. Pedro1, have you contributed to each thread raising money to help people in need? No. However, I am sure you cared and would have if you could have.

#121474 - 04/24/06 09:25 PM Re: People just do not care
Anonymous
I don't know how you can contribute money without trusting someone. Even if you send it to the hospital (Karl Heussner?) you're depending on the honesty of the staff there. I know that the money Peter Lawrence (pedro1) will take with him tomorrow will get to its intended destination. Furthermore, I know that the money I gave to Steve earlier will get to Peter. That's because I know both of them.

People are ultimately either honest (even when there's no-one around to check) or dishonest (will steal when they get an opportunity). Peter & Steve are some of the good guys.

I'm hoping we will some time see evidence that the person who caused the accident has contributed generously, even if it was due to mechanical malfunction and not carelessness.

#121475 - 04/24/06 09:51 PM Re: People just do not care
SimonB Offline
Peter, you seem to have an enormous amount of information about my life (99% of it wrong as usual.) How do you know that I haven't already contributed through another source?

#121476 - 04/24/06 10:11 PM Re: People just do not care
Under Da Water Offline
Has there been a response from the people that did this? Even if it was mechnical malfunction, I can only assume that a more mature individual may of reacted different in this situation.

#121477 - 04/24/06 10:57 PM Re: People just do not care
mikeh375 Offline
A lot of people donate to various causes quietly. They don't make a habit of making a posting when they do so. My wife has an aunt who makes an entry in a ledger every time she thinks she has done something nice for someone. I guess she thinks she'll be able to take it with her when she tries to get past the "pearly gates". This woman, by the way, is one of the nastiest b...... I've ever met. The first time I met her was at the wedding reception of my then future wife's sister, some 33 years ago. We were seated at a table of my wife's aunts, uncles, and cousins. After introductions were made, I offered to make a trip up to the bar and bring back drinks for anyone who wanted one. Her aunt looked at me with a scowl, and said "oh, I see you're a boozer. Joannie, you better get rid of him while you still can". I doubt her ledger will do her much good.

P.S. Personally, I find your posting of the names of those who you believe haven't donated yet, to be in rather poor taste.

#121478 - 04/25/06 01:10 AM Re: People just do not care
atomicindy Offline
Why doesn't the company that owns the cart pay all expenses? I will help out because it is the right thing to do but the people responseable should be paying the costs.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (lomckenna, Marty, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,303 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.