Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#122037 - 05/10/06 02:40 AM Mata Rocks
GreenlakeMan Offline
Any thoughts on this place? I did a search and didn't turn up that much....I'll be back on the island in a month or so and thought I would try somewhere new!! Thanks..

#122038 - 05/10/06 02:54 AM Re: Mata Rocks
atomicindy Offline
I have never stayed at Mata Rocks but I have stayed at Banana Beach. The area around Mata Rocks is very nice and quite. I have heard very good things about Mata Rocks. It is about a 20 minute walk into town.

#122039 - 05/10/06 05:54 AM Re: Mata Rocks
Pam&Dave Offline
Mata Rocks has a wonderful Front Desk Manager. I'm sure she can answer any questions you might have about the property. Just ask for Monica. She's a great gal!

#122040 - 05/10/06 02:21 PM Re: Mata Rocks
mobunny Offline
Stayed there last August for 2 weeks and we are returning this year for two weeks. We stayed in the bottom floor ocean front junior suite w/private balcony. It's a smaller resort so it has an intimate feel. The Squirrel's Nest was a great place to meet locals and fellow travelers. - good happy hour too. Liz,Terry and the staff are all very warm and friendly. Rooms are clean with a nice decor. Great AC. Large showers. Kitchenette (junior suites) Nice cozy beach and pool for hanging out. We really loved it there. Check out our pics if you want:
http://www.moandirm.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=15

mobunny

#122041 - 05/10/06 03:00 PM Re: Mata Rocks
Belikin Bill Offline
Listen to Mobunny on this one!!! The place Rocks!

#122042 - 05/10/06 03:57 PM Re: Mata Rocks
john robertsdenver Offline
Have stayed there a number of times and really like it. They have a nice dive package available if you are divers. The beach area is nice, the jr. suites are quite nice esp. the two front units top and bottom. John in denver

#122043 - 05/10/06 04:54 PM Re: Mata Rocks
lacysisland Offline
Awesome pics Mobunny!! Our friends stayed at Mata Rocks last June and loved it. Can't wait to go back this summer.

#122044 - 05/10/06 05:01 PM Re: Mata Rocks
Xoe Offline
I'll be checking into Mata Rocks tomorrow afternoon -- can't wait, and really appreciate reading these posts right now.

That's all for now -- gotta go PACK!

#122045 - 05/10/06 11:01 PM Re: Mata Rocks
BelizeBomber Offline
Oh too late...it is more like Mata Sucks. My friend made reservations there in Jan and the picture is nothing like what the real rooms are like. The rooms offered were small and dingy. He prepaid also and did not get a refund for refusing his "ocean view room" (blocked by coconut trees) located right next to and west of the small pool. Definately a bait and switch situation. He stayed at Banana Beach and had a good time, even got an ocean view suite...and it was as advertised. Good luck.

#122046 - 05/10/06 11:25 PM Re: Mata Rocks
Belikin Bill Offline
The rooms at Mata Rocks are small and clean. To me their site is not misleading. Look at mobunnys pics. Banana Beach is a great resort also with larger nicer rooms. I prefer Mata Rocks because it is more intimate, your have a much better beach, beach bar and I like the pool a lot better better. Terry and Liz(the owners)are not bait and switch people. Both are well run resorts. Overall I would say rooms at Mata Rocks have better ocean views than at BB. IMHO the two suites at Mata Rocks that are like 30ft from the ocean are the best in San Pedro.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Marty, lomckenna, Pokey), 31 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,032 Topics
462,234 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.