Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#122171 - 05/11/06 03:10 AM Fast Food Row???
reaper Offline
I heard that fast food row is getting the boot!! What's the deal and where are they going to move to??? And how will I get road food for the walk from Fido's to home late night??? Say it ain't so....

#122172 - 05/11/06 03:15 AM Re: Fast Food Row???
klcman Offline

#122173 - 05/11/06 05:51 AM Re: Fast Food Row???
hot crossed buns Offline
I might be wrong, but weren't the street vendors already moved once, into their present position?

#122174 - 05/11/06 12:29 PM Re: Fast Food Row???
J DOG Offline
Was in S.P.last week, about half of them have allready moved. there is many places to get fast food still. I saw at least 5 or 6 on middle st.
They have a good one in front of Richs Market by the S.P.Supermarket, got barbecue chicken & rice & beans & cole slaw for $7 belize.
Got 2 huge burritos at the corner of Caribena & middle st. for $5 belize.
Had lunch with wife at the Reef,we shared 3 tostados & 2tacos for $8 bel. & they have the best rum punch I had on the Island.
You just have to look around because they are still every where

#122175 - 05/11/06 04:56 PM Re: Fast Food Row???
seashell Offline
That makes a lot more sense now.

#122176 - 05/11/06 04:59 PM Re: Fast Food Row???
SeaDreams Offline
Hey J Dog! Hope the rest of your trip was great! We thought of you the day we flew out of CC, since we were heading home but you guys were heading to AC. Lucky Dog! Say hi to S from SeaDreams and hubby.

#122177 - 05/11/06 05:49 PM Re: Fast Food Row???
SeaDreams Offline
Sorry - didn't mean to hijack the thread... it's good to hear that the vendors will be allowed to move back after the work is completed. Hopefully it doesn't cause too much of a hardship on them in the meantime.

#122178 - 05/11/06 07:32 PM Re: Fast Food Row???
Under Da Water Offline
I haven't read anywhere that they'll allow them to move back, although I hope that's the case. To me its just another example of screw the locals, bring on the gringos with money.

#122179 - 05/11/06 07:33 PM Re: Fast Food Row???
Tillie Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Under Da Water:
I haven't read anywhere that they'll allow them to move back, although I hope that's the case. To me its just another example of screw the locals, bring on the gringos with money.
confused

:rolleyes:

#122180 - 05/11/06 07:43 PM Re: Fast Food Row???
Bzedoll Offline
The vendors have been asked to move. I don't agree with this! I enjoy buying food from Erica's and Lupita's Stalls.

I think it is so weird that before elections the park renovations were going along so quickly and ever since the "new" town board has been in, the park is at a stand still. Our tourist high season has come and gone and our town core looks more like an eyesore each day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (ragman, samalvey), 43 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,047 Topics
462,273 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.