Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
OP Offline
M
Last time I went to Belize, I brought a bag with some packaged food. I heard after my trip, that possibly Belize customs might have had issue with some of the items.
So, before I go back, who can tell me which of these items that I (hypothetically) could have broght with me, can/cannot be imported. (I actually asked this question of Customs, but have had no response several months later).
Canned foods
Powdered drink mixes
Dried fruits
Bagels or Poptarts
Cheese
Candy bars
Coffee
Canned cashews or peanuts
??

None of those are a problem, except for the bagels. You would be required to bring them to PG for my personal inspection. Actually everything on your list is available in Brodies or other major shops here already.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I bring my fav snacks and have never had a problem. You should know that you can get cashews in Belize for way less than what you'd pay in the states - and they're better!
Caye Coffee has decent beans as long as you're not looking for a really strong roast. Everything else may be available but freshness is an issue and price is considerably upped!
That said, the more I go the less I want the stuff from home (except I really miss my half and half!)

I bring my own cheese, you guys might have heard me say so before.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Then again, that slice might have gotten lost among the other cheesey comments on here... :rolleyes:

S
S
Why lug all those items down here and risk them being confiscated when you can easily get them on the island?

Simon, can I get Kraft Canadian Cheddar (not having reached its expiry date)?

Seashell -since your last visit which was what four years ago -let me point out things have changed a lot more than you could possibly imagine

4 years? Snort.

So? Can I get the kind of cheese I like or not?

S
S
for what it's worth, cashews (albeit plentiful) are actually MORE expensive here than in the States... even when purchased in bulk (we buy 25-50lbs at a time) on the mainland.

RE: bringing in food in general, I'd say that a lot depends as much on HOW much you are bringing in as it does on WHAT you are bringing in... amounts obviously for personal consumption are, more often than not, allowed to pass... If your luggage contains 1/2 a Safeway store, they're going to ding you for some duty and/or make you "buy a permit"...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.