Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#122524 05/24/06 10:57 AM
OP Offline
Joan and I got home this morning around 2 o'clock. The trip was wonderful! Thank you to those of you who filled us in with loads and loads of useful information.

Banana Beach was very nice, and provides good value. The suite was very clean, and extra towels were provided, just for the asking. The staff is very friendly. A burnt out light bulb was replaced within 5 minutes of our reporting it. The air conditioner worked well, and was very quiet. The fact that they have their own generator came in handy the night of the island wide power outage. The security staff seemed very efficient, and on top of things. Out of sight most of the time, yet visable when necessary.

Our favorite restaurants were el Divino (at Banana Beach), Casa Picasso, Mangos, Capricorn, and Caliente. Breakfast was included at Banana Beach, so we didn't go anywhere else for breakfast. We don't do lunch, so I have no reports on that. We weren't impressed with our meal at Caramba's, but based on other positive comments here, we may have hit it on an off night, or perhaps, we should have ordered Mexican.

We had pizza at Pedro's, and it really was excellent...thin, crispy crust, great sauce,and excellent cheese.

The beach barbque at BC's was a lot of fun, and the chicken was huge, and very tasty. We met JDTremblay, his wife, and sun&sand at BC's. JD, I hope your cold is better by now.

Loved Belekin. Didn't care for One Barrel.

The snorkeling and fishing were woderful. It was the best snorkeling I ever experienced, and I've snorkeled all over the Carribean and South Pacific.. Had a great time!

We still can't get over how nice and friendly the people of AC are. Very, very pleasant! The only jerks we ran into, were Americans...more about them on another post later.

The weather was perfect the first 3 or 4 days, then in turned cloudy and stayed that way. Not too conducive to catching rays.

On the flight from San Pedro to Belize City, I asked the pilot if Joan could sit in the co-pilot's seat for the trip, and he said no problem. She really enjoyed the view from the cockpit.

I chickened out, and didn't rent a golf cart. The traffic in town made me really paranoid about that. What a wuss!

We're already planning our trip back next year. Can't wait!

Coming to you from the beautiful Oley Valley.
What a great trip report Mike! So glad y'all enjoyed yourselves!!

Another one "bitten by the Bug"!

Post pics when you get a chance!

Another case of ACS...

Ambergris Caye Syndrome....evidenced by future trip planning upon arrival home!!

Glad you enjoyed! We3'll be waiting for your photos ; )

Ha! TQ, are you lookin' over my shoulder as I type?

Na, great minds think alike. wink

OP Offline
I forgot to mention, that we also met Tim, from Banana Beach, Steve, from Coconet, and beachboy, from over at Pedro's. All nice folks. Beachboy, thanks for getting us back to the hotel.

On our first trip, we started planning our NEXT trip on the second day! I just don't think that you can go to San Pedro and not want to return.
Thanks for writing about your trip.

M
M
Sounds like you had fun, but you didn't like One Barrel??? I think it is the best rum I've ever had and I can suck down the rum!

OP Offline
Originally posted by mountain Larry:
Sounds like you had fun, but you didn't like One Barrel??? I think it is the best rum I've ever had and I can suck down the rum!
I enjoy my rums as well, but I felt that the One Barrel had too many conflicting flavors. I prefer Mt Gay, and Ron Anyejo(sp) from Venezuela. Another favorite of mine is Flor de Cana Centenario Gold 18 year old from Nicaragua.

Originally posted by snorkelgirl:
Another case of ACS...

Ambergris Caye Syndrome....evidenced by future trip planning upon arrival home!!

Glad you enjoyed! We3'll be waiting for your photos ; )
THAT is too funny. I love it!! ACS.... My husband and I have it bad. We have been 2 times in 6 months and we are talking about going back in July... We have it so bad, we just bought my 3 year old snorkel gear! If I could just teach our 17 month old to put his face in the water.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.