Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12260 10/12/01 09:13 AM
C
OP Offline
C
My wife and I have(had?)reservations with Harry's Cosy Cabanas for mid Nov.
I am not able to get ahold of Kay Westby and from what I can learn from this website, it appears the cabanas are gone.
Would appreciate any info. on reasonable lodging as close as possible to Plancencia so we can make alternate plans with the intention of still coming down to show our support for the local economy and possibly being able to do some volunteer work.
I realize right now the priorities of the local people are probably just obtaining good water, food and finding somewhere to lay there heads. I do not wish to burden these folks but do need to find a place to stay as our flights have been booked.
Thankyou in advance

K
K
Check in Hopkins : Tipple Tree Beya (http://sites.netscape.net/tippletree/belize - website is slow) it is a great little place - same price range - one cabana and 3 rooms. It may not be as close to Placencia as you would like...

A
A
I haven't been able to hear about Harry and Kay either but my husband is on his way down there in a truck taking chain saw and generator and lots of other things for them. He should be there by Sunday. If I hear anything I will let you know. you can email me at [email protected]
Alice

E
EP Offline
E
I was in Placencia yesterday. Everything from Turtle Inn south has serve damage.

Kitty's Inn is the closest to town that had the least amount of damage. They should be open in 1 week or so. There was almost no structual damage. Once the trees are cleared, they'll be ready for Guests.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.