Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Skydivers Update by Rich Grimm:

We had the privilege of having the leader of the Skydivers, Mr. Rich Grimm, to give the Chamber an update on last year's trip and to prepare us for next year's visit. Mr. Grimm stated that last year there were 1,084 jumps which included 99 tandem jumps. He explained in detail of the one fatality and said it was a combination of errors which all began because the gentleman decided to wear a wing suit which he had never tried before and also disengaged his automatic chute release. The Chamber sends condolences to all his family and friends for their tragic loss.

Mr. Grimm stated that the group spent over $300,000.00 in Belize and will spend more this next trip which is scheduled for February 10th through the 19th. All are welcome to attend the welcoming dinner on February 10th and should bring flyers and pamphlets of their businesses to invite all skydivers to visit their establishments.

Anyone can check out their web site at www.skydivebelize.com.

As I also stated to the Chamber of Commerce last week...Boogie in Belize III is in a minor "holding pattern".

"Skydiver Flats" is one of the most prime plots of land left to develop in San Pedro. I will know more in about a month if we will be able to use the area to land on. The skydivebelize web site will be updated as soon as I am assured we can use the area.

Stay Tuned!

Any update yet Reaper?

I've already told you more than I know.
I was informed last week that the landing area WILL be available, permission granted for use and all systems are GO for February 10TH-19TH,2007.

I'm updating the skydivebelize website and all info will be posted soon.

It is shaping up to be a great time once again with over 40 jumpers already reserving slots!

cool

Great news, see you in San Pedro. Damn I like saying that.....

Me too!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeee!!

We'll be down again to watch again also!!!!
Coco

Coco
I feel the need to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, what a place to do it. Diving, sky and SCUBA, sounds like a great vacation. Thanks Reaper.

I encourage everyone to stop by the Sunbreeze Hotel during the event to check out our operation and meet some of the jumpers.

We get a great mix of people from around the world.

I think Windjammer is our NUMBER ONE satisfied customer and honorary spokesperson. laugh

Jamilla and Amanda are also highly satisfied spokespersons, so if you guys need a recommendation just ask them!!! cool

The pics and video from last winter's B in B was all I needed. Always wanted to try it, unfortunately I had left SP by the time you guys arrived. Certainly looking forward to meeting all of you and getting away from winter for a few weeks. And lobster, Belikins, BC's and Tulu's stories.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.