Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#12336 - 10/13/01 02:16 AM Seaspray
trina Offline
Does anyone know how the Seaspray in Placencia fared? We've stayed there two years in a row now, eating daily at DeTatch. How are Jodi and family? We are just heartbroken about this!

#12337 - 10/13/01 08:48 AM Re: Seaspray
Michy Lou Offline
If this helps, I have heard from my Aunt, Janice Leslie, former co-owner of Seaspray, present owner of Tradewinds, that the older building is either badly damaged or destroyed, but the newer two story building is fine, repairable, that is.
You can see the two story building in the first set of Tony Rath pictures, the ones that are labeled placencia #'s 1-12.
As for the people you mentioned, I assume that they're fine, there were no reported casualties on the peninsula.
Hope this helps.

#12338 - 10/13/01 12:16 PM Re: Seaspray
brenda/vitali Offline
Michy Lou, how did Tradewinds fare, if at all? Is Janice's house liveable? Is the indomnitable spirit of Miss J returning? Please send her our love.
Brenda & Vitali

#12339 - 10/13/01 05:14 PM Re: Seaspray
Michy Lou Offline
Janice lost two cabanas. Three remaining cabanas are repairable. She lost the roof to her house, but she said that too is repairable. There was some damage to the bar, the area where the band would set up and play, but most of the liquor inside is fine. She said that the gift shop looks fine from the outside, but as of last night she had not opened it up to see how bad the water damage might be. She either did not say anything about the building with the three rooms or my grandmother forgot what she said about them. She also lost the two sheds she had behind her house and her mango trees. I did not speak to her when she called, I was at work, but my grandmother said that she was in good spirits and made a point of saying that she was getting three squares a day from the community kitchen set up in the village. She had already begun the repairs to the roof of her house. She called on her cell phone. Her battery had not been charged before the storm so her friend, Ann Marie, brought her a battery yesterday. It was good to hear from her. I hope you can find out more info about your friends at Seaspray. Thanks for being concerned. Nobody up here in the States is asking me about how my family fared because the news coverage of the storm is non-existent. I've gotten all my info from this forum and from emails from friends. It's really frustrating, you know. A big thanks out to everyone who's posted any kind of information. You've all been a great help and means of support.

#12340 - 10/13/01 05:48 PM Re: Seaspray
Bobsorel Offline
There is a picture of Norman Leslie of the Seaspray, at work repairing his place at the Yahoo photo site: Yahoo! News Search Results.
I've been told that the family is safe.

#12341 - 10/13/01 05:52 PM Re: Seaspray
Bobsorel Offline
Sorry, the hyperlink didn't work. Here's the
address: http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=Belize&c=news_photos&n=20

#12342 - 10/14/01 01:08 AM Re: Seaspray
BrigitteBachmann Offline
To bobsorel,
We just spoke with Jodie and Norman, and they wanted us to let you know that they are okay and to thank you for your concern.
You can email us at ridgwood@telusplanet.net.
Brigitte and Rick

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.