Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
As I have mentioned before, my wife and I are spending our anniversary week on AC in mid-August. We are staying at the Victoria House and although we are all about cheap island food and cold beer I would like to take her to an upscale restaurant at least one night. I'm talking lobster/filet mignon/great wine list, etc. I have heard the retaurant at VH is great and it looks as if Capricorn in in the running. Your thoughts?

Thanks!!!

--'Nanner

I've been to the island twice...Capricorn was great the first time but Rendevous was more attentive and intimate on my second trip - not to mention a great bottle of Merlot! I don't think you could go wrong with either. On my first trip, my brother and I had breakfast at VH and found it to be only average food at a high price. On my second trip I stopped in VH to consider lunch while sipping a drink and got such poor service that I didn't stick around for lunch. I'm sure there are many who are happy with VH - but I won't try it again when I return in Feb. Happy anniversary and have a great trip.

Be a pal, save a Dal.
K
K
I am not well-informed on all the upscale eating establishments on AC; however, I really enjoyed my meal at Casa Picasso. Not only were the tapas, entrees, desserts, and cocktails delicious(I had a little bit of everything), the ambiance was a little exotic and very romantic. I think you would enjoy it...I did!

S
S
Lunch at Cayo Espanto (day visit) - can't compare.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
K
K
SIN, I didn't know that you could do that. How do you get there?

B
B
'Nanner,

Here's my take on romantic restaurants here, as a loco local, a crazy gringa. When we have guests and make a list of can't miss restaurants or are celebrating an anniversary, here's my picks. Capricorn is gorgeous, the boat ride on the sea watching the stars without light pollution is part of the magic, to me. The food is outstanding, the owners are really friendly and warm. When we used to live on the mainland and visit here, we'd go there specifically for the great filet mignon. The ambiance is romantic, with sparkling Christmas lights and candles.

Victoria House for dinner is superb. I had a wonderful filet mignon done in a spanish style, which is hard to explain but delicious. The dining room is a romantic white on white with candlelight. Since it's inside there's no worries of mosquitoes or sweating too much on a humid night which of course kind of ruins the effect!

If your trip happens to coincide with a wine dinner hosted by Wine Devine, that would be perfect. They feature a different restaurant every time with a special tasting menu and corresponding wines for each course. Chances are it may not be scheduled for your week here, but you can always check their website. For everyone else, it's something to think about attending. It's formal (if you want to dress up) and lots of fun.

Just my opinions, thanks for listening to my long post. Sorry for going on and on. Boy I'm really hungry now!

rojo up north a 5 plus star place to eat ,on my top 5 list for amberegris caye top notch dinning...very ,very upscale,wonderfull place to go if you want the best of the best..resveration a must..go live the dinning dream and enjoy...

Living The Dream Every Day!
S
S
I second Rojo all the way. Great food, atmosphere and wine list.........oh boy.

S
S
Just call Cayo Espanto and make a reservation. They serve you a gourmet meal (Taste of Belize champion chef) - ton of food - in one of their casitas, outstanding. You are offered a CD menu, your choice of music played in your unit and around the pool which they offer you towels (we bought ours). Each casita is totally private and secluded from the other four. You get the casita for the afternoon to do whatsoever you choose.

I thought it cool when they picked us up on their dock with drink in hand.

Check em' out online.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
B
B
I can't believe that I forgot to mention Rojo Lounge. Delicious. Perfect description captjeff! I love the beautiful location and delicious food. It's a very special and lovely place that would be perfect for a romantic dinner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.