Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#123701 - 06/16/06 05:16 AM Concerns over the Northern Road
Marty Online   happy
Members expressed their concerns over the condition of the Northern road from the bridge to Tres Cocos caused by ongoing building projects. Reef Village was mentioned as blocking the road with building materials, as well as causing road damage from the use of its equipment. Jules reminded members of the condition of the road prior to this development, and assured the group that he would make Mr. Jeff Pierce aware of his neighbor’s concerns.

Mr. Pierce had promised to the Town Board and the Chamber that he would be providing $30,000 in road materials at the beginning of his project. Hopefully that will take place before the coming rainy season.

#123702 - 06/16/06 01:11 PM Re: Concerns over the Northern Road
Corona Steve Offline
Finally, someone has taken notice for a road North, that can be used by all, and need for much improvment.
Forget the Corona Freeway, but it was used to make a point, and others who have concerns, and need for a decent road North, maybe to Sueno Del Mar, along with Power.
Watch the North grow, and for the better, with rumor of Berry Bowen showing some interest,in the old airport, who knows.

#123703 - 06/16/06 06:45 PM Re: Concerns over the Northern Road
Marty Online   happy
forget the Corona Freeway?
not possible.

#123704 - 06/16/06 08:24 PM Re: Concerns over the Northern Road
2MILESNORTHOFCUT Offline
Why did the town board not get some sort of bond or make mr pierce deposit enough funds to make sure that the road is indeed passable during construction and will be compleated to the towns satisfaction when his condos are finished. I did not see any "improvements" to the road during my last few visits compaired to say two years ago before reef village existed.

#123705 - 06/16/06 08:51 PM Re: Concerns over the Northern Road
Corona Steve Offline
Marty, a good road North would do, to airport, anyway.

#123706 - 06/16/06 09:12 PM Re: Concerns over the Northern Road
deacon+ Offline
Steve, as you know I just got back from AC/SP and as far as I can determine the only way a better road will happen is if the constuction sites and land owners pay for the equipment.

#123707 - 06/16/06 10:07 PM Re: Concerns over the Northern Road
Chris Offline
Actually proper roads are needed all over the island. We send tens of millions of dollars in taxes to our government each year and they send us squat back. These roads need to be paved and it needs to be done quickly.

It was, frankly, embarrassing watching our tourist guests picking their way through the mud and looking absolutely appalled at the crap we call "roads", both north and south. For many of them the rains this week meant that Ambergris Caye looked like a shithole. There was mud and dirty water everywhere.

Resort owners, taxi drivers, golf cart rental agencie, owners of private vehicles, realtors (like me), the Ambergris Caye Chamber of Commerce and anyone else with a vested interest in tourism income (which is basically everyone on the island except the Catholic priest) needs to get more vocal with our central government's complete neglect of this island

All I would suggest the government needs to provide for our island urgently is:
Proper schools for our kids.
Roads that are actually roads.
Properly equipped and compensated police force, fire service and hospital.

After all, we have already paid for these items, it's about time we took delivery of the product.

#123708 - 06/17/06 01:52 PM Re: Concerns over the Northern Road
SimonB Offline
Amen Chris!

#123709 - 06/17/06 01:56 PM Re: Concerns over the Northern Road
SimonB Offline
To add to that, let's make sure that things are prioritized and take care of those areas that most affect residents and tourists FIRST, not those areas that will only benefit the few.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Jameela01, Marty, 2 invisible), 57 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,083 Topics
462,384 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.