Thanks for the info everyone. We really want walk-in snorkling and swimming (Tranquility Bay appears to have that from all that I have read) and I can't find it any other place outside of some rustic accommodations on some small Caye's...(also my husband dives- so I really want him to experience the dive sites in Belize). And from reading some trip reports, it seems that there are excursions that will leave from the resort as well as great food and drinks at the restaurant/bar on property. We don't need to seek out "nightlife" but we would like to be able to eat dinner in San Pedro occasionally (we will be celebrating my birthday while we are there and a nice romantic dinner would be nice). I will have to check with the resort about the possibility of getting boat rides back and forth perhaps for 1 or 2 evenings- not sure if they will do this- but it can't hurt to ask. Or perhaps we should consider splitting time- spend 4 days at a resort closer to town and 4 days at Tranquility???

PS- They have a tv in the bar and another in the office (I found that out yesterday).