Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
I'm planning a family vacation in late October with my wife, two children and two other couples with kids and we're considering going to Belize for the 1st time for relaxation and some good diving.

Does anyone have recommendations as to a good destination and place to stay in Belize that would offer good diving AND a family atomosphere?

We'd most likely want to rent an affordable villa, condo or other place where we could all stay together and have a room or two for the kids. We'd prefer to cook in a bit if possible and not eat out for every meal.

The kids are all pretty young (2-5 with a six month old). The adults are beginning to intermediate in terms of diving experience.

As a side note, what is the water quality in Belize? Could this be an issue for the little ones?

Thanks for any and all advice.

John

The Palms condo's are fantastic.
AquaMarina Suites are good.
There are homes for rent through various companies.
The water will be great.
Dive with Protech or Amigos Del mar.
Check the lodging section on this website.
Have a great trip.
p.s. My 7 year old and 9 month old LOVE Belize.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Banana Beach has a great set up where you can get a main suite with a living room/kitchen area and tack on as many bedrooms as you need. They have ocean views, the kitchens are pretty well stocked with utensils, etc. and a full breakfast is included in the rates.

reaper is right - I visited with his adorable children (they take after Mrs. reaper wink ) and they were having a wonderful time! Where ever you stay, the kids (all ages) will have a blast!

If I were bring kids that age, I'd probably stay down at Banana Beach. Law is giving you a good recommendation.

In this regard, I'm considering being able to keep an eye on what the kids are up to or alternately, having them in an area, wherein you don't have to keep watching them every second. In town, while they would probably be safe enough wandering around on their own, I'd feel more comfortable if they were in a confined area with enough opportunities to find their own entertainment. ie: Banana Beach has two pools and isn't as exposed to outside influences that can be so appealing to the youngsters.

Me . .I'd never stay that far from town, but I'm the biggest kid I know and I have to keep an eye on me all the time.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
SS - you need major help keeping an eye on you! laugh

All of the above are good suggestions. I would add Banyan Bay & Xanadu which both have kiddie sections in their pools.

The sea water is shallow for a long way out and clear for the most part - especially in front of The Palms & Banana Beach/Banyan Bay areas.

P
P
Have a look at the Homes section in lodging too - plenty of good options with two or three bedrooms villas, houses and condos that have the facilities you indicate, and are often overlooked here in favour of the popular resorts, but offer great family value too.

A
A

J
OP Offline
J
Great. Thanks so much for all of the replies.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.