Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
kelly d Offline OP
OP Offline
A while back there were postings about problems with local dogs running wild, and that it's difficult to tell pets running loose from stray dogs. I offered to bring a bunch of dog collars to donate to ??? (I can't remember the name of the organization. Something like SPCA.) My husband and I will be there Saturday, and I'd like to know if bringing collars is a good idea. Will people use them? Does the island have a mixture of small/large dogs? (I can't imagine many toy size dogs, but I may be wrong.) Would it be better to bring something else, like flea shampoo or ear mite treatment? Suggestions are welcome!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
SAGA - great organization.
The collars will get used!! So will anything else you can bring - the clinic runs on a slim budget and vet supplies are expensive and hard to come by. Bring lots! smile

kelly d,
This wish list is dated, but should give you some idea of what is needed.

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/010366.html

I can see it now - you and your husband walking along the beach "exercising" a couple of the SAGA pooches. Have a fantastic time!

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
kelly d Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll bring everything I can! And I'm going to go through dog withdrawals while I'm gone frown . I'll miss my kid and my mom and my friends and relatives (I can call and email them), but I'll really, REALLY gonna miss Honey, the world's best Corgi. She's my buddy, pal, watchdog and friend! OK, she's bossy, spoiled, barks at imaginary burglars, poops too much, sheds too much, sleeps on the furniture, and has cost me about 3 grand in vet bills (broken leg, stung by a bee, bone stuck in her throat, etc.). But she's my best doggie in the world! (Spoken in that obnoxious voice people use when they talk baby-talk to their pets!)

laugh

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
Sitting here at my desk. The normal office buzz around me. If I hear the womens voices go up a few octaves, I know somebody brought a baby into the office. If the mens voices go up, it means someone brought in a puppy. wink

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
B
B
kelly d sure hope to meet up with you guys this week enjoy your trip. if you have a large dog collar and a real long rope ill take it so i can find my way back after a long nite. smile

kelly d Offline OP
OP Offline
Bud, we'll have to get together at BC's bar-b-que, or whatever is the current hang out. I'll bring a collar for you, and we'll borrow some green, slimy rope from some boat dock to use for a leash!

As for dogs and people's reaction to them...have you ever noticed that if there's a person who doesn't like dogs anywhere near a dog, the dog always wants to go exactly to that person? I think it's an inherent desire to be loved. Or an inherent need to bug the shit out of someone because you know you can! :p

kelly d, you WILL NOT be doggie-sick while on the island. There are SO many to love and if by chance, for some unknown reason there aren't any just go to Saga and get your fix!!! laugh

That is one of the things that always satisfied me on AC. Whenever I needed a doggie fix, there was always one available to befriend. Pat them a few times and they would follow you home and sleep on your porch. They could work the tourists better than the kids.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.