Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#124752 - 07/12/06 07:36 PM Library Request
spots101x Offline
I recently sent an e-mail to the Library to get more info on the printer cartridges they use because these aren't cheap, even in the U.S., and they are small and light-weight. They seem like the logical choice for me to take on my next visit. Also, if they carry them at Samís or Costcoís it would stretch my donation dollars. I got a very kind reply from the Head Librarian, Iracela Acoata, and this is what she (?) said: "We have 3 printers Epson Stylus which uses Color T037020, Black T036120, HP Inkjet Color 78, Black 45. The third is a Canon Pixma uses Color CL-41 and Black PG-40 which we just got."

Marty, they want you to know about the new printer so you can add it to their wish list (?) and they would also like to add a paper cutter (can't see getting this past customs - cool ) to the wish list also.

They also confirmed that could use the collapsible shelving in a number of places, though I've lost track of the thread where I asked the poster (or is it postee) - the one who posted the collapsible shelves info - where I could find these in the U.S. When it comes to kids and animals, Iím a push-over, so I hope to take something for both groups on my next visit in appreciation for the hospitality I enjoy while Iím on the island.

#124753 - 07/12/06 07:42 PM Re: Library Request
Pam&Dave Offline
It's Christmas in July for the Library! cool

#124754 - 07/12/06 07:56 PM Re: Library Request
Anonymous
Iracela is great! She does so much for the library and the kids who use it. The cartridges are readily available just about anywhere and, as with most things, are cheaper if you buy them grouped in packages. The paper cutter shouldn't be a problem as long as it goes in your checked baggage. I've taken industrial sized staplers, a gigantic three-hole punch, sissors, etc. Never had any problem at customs. (Knock on wood.) If you have room, pack some little prize type items as Iracela uses them as rewards when kids finish projects.

#124755 - 07/13/06 02:43 AM Re: Library Request
seashell Offline
I'm the one that was supposed to tell you where to get the shelves but I'm Canadian so can only tell you where I got mine. I bought some at Home Outfitters and one at United Furniture Warehouse. I'm sure I've also seen them at (dare I say it) Wal-Mart.

They are pretty common. Maybe I'll do some websearching and see if I can find a site so you can see what I mean. They'd be pretty easy to make, so Graniel's or the Mennonite could whip up a couple in no time, I'd think.

#124756 - 07/13/06 03:12 AM Re: Library Request
seashell Offline
OK, here's a site: http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/90047_bookcase-folding.htm

I found another site that mentioned they could be purchased at Target. Note that you can buy them 3 shelves high and stackable. That would give ya 6 shelves, in case you have trouble with math. Most of mine came folded up individually in their own boxes, so would be easy to ship.

#124757 - 07/13/06 03:29 AM Re: Library Request
seashell Offline
Found another site that says they can be or at one time were available for purchase at Pier One imports, Linen and Things, Bed Bath and Beyond, as well as Shopko. All the sites that I found tonight showed a price in or around $70 US. IIRC, that's around what I paid for the 4 shelf units and less for the 3. I was able to buy one for $20 Cdn. It was the last one in stock and a floor model. I still maintain that they'd be pretty easy to make in SP. A few slats of wood, a few spindles, and a bunch of hinges.

#124758 - 07/14/06 07:32 PM Re: Library Request
spots101x Offline
Thanks, ss, I'll keep an eye out for them. I never was very good at math, so I'm glad you explained that! So, those on the island...do you think one of the furniture businesses on the island would agree to build them for the library if someone wanted to just send $$$?

#124759 - 07/14/06 07:46 PM Re: Library Request
deacon+ Offline
Save some money and use closet dowel rod instead of spindles.

#124760 - 07/15/06 06:03 AM Re: Library Request
seashell Offline
2 + 2 is 5. With me around, you never need to worry about your math skills. I'm here for ya.

#124761 - 07/17/06 03:15 PM Re: Library Request
spots101x Offline
Thanks, ss, that's such a comfort...oh, by way, who's that lookin' at you????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.