Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Pedro1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow,
A couple of days ago I was going to visit friends who live just north of Tres Cocos-when I passed the Palapa Bar all I could hear was a horrible loud buzzing noise which got louder and louder until I reached the crescendo where there where two badly built huts-these have been turned into a saw mill which in a residential area is an absolute disgrace-the saw mill works 12-14 hours a day 6 days a week (so I was told ) and is owned by an american that is here on a retirement visa -this is just not on -I would like to voice my opinion that retirees are not allowed to work ,own businesses,or [#%!] off their neighbours-apparently as this person is a member of the Ambergris Caye Chamber of Commerce(sic) and has their support-this IMO should be changed immediately.

Yes, it's really out of order. It's located in the El Tesoro subdivision between Buena Vista and Tres Cocos. If it were in Tres Cocos itself I doubt the activity would be allowed to last more than 3 nanoseconds.

T
T
what??? Exactly where in El Tersoro, what row and how far from palapa bar?

Pedro1 Offline OP
OP Offline
follow the road north by around 500 feet-I agree with Chris,if I lived there I would have it stopped immediately by fair means or foul

A
A
lets stop pedros bar

you know what, Pedro and Chris are both correct and this is very serious!

Dam Yankee's. Stop it before it multiplies.

Is this a temporary saw mill, using the wood to build a house? Or a permanent one that will be operating for a long time? If it's only there until the house is built, not much anyone can do, except ask them not to run it during sleeping hours. But, if it will be there long after a house is built, something should be done to stop it. How can something like this get started without anyone knowing about it? I would hope it is operating to build a house and will be dismantled once the home is done. I don't know, I'm not there now and haven't seen it, but I can't believe anyone would ruin such a beautiful area with something permanent like that. Yankee or not.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
C
C
If it is a business, at the least, have them maintain reg Bus. Hours, 8 to 5, Monday to Friday.
How so many jump to conclusions so quick, and make a issue about being a American, sounds like a slant against Americans. Find out what is going on before anyone makes judgement. Maybe he has started a business, and is using local labor, and what is the zoning up there.Get the facts first before reporting.

C
C
By the way, has road been improved, or started, last word, the city council has approved the project, but was getting flak from the north locals.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.