Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#125042 - 07/20/06 08:57 AM Development in the North
Corona Steve Offline
It has been quite a while since I brought this up, maybe someone has new info concerning the Power heading north, and possible road to Sueno Del Mar
Also, a while back, their was talk about some improvments to road, by the City Council, but stopped by some residences.
Does anyone have some good reliable update on these subjects.
Last trip down was in Jan, so looking for update, including proposals for new resorts not mentioned on this site.

#125043 - 07/20/06 10:01 AM Re: Development in the North
San Pedro Daily Offline
Suggest you join the North Ambergris Caye Neighborhood Watch. Then you'd receive their emailed notices and minutes of their meetings which would keep you up to date on your favorite subject. You might even contribute financially to their many fine projects.

#125044 - 07/20/06 12:33 PM Re: Development in the North
Scuba do Offline
People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care

#125045 - 07/20/06 02:41 PM Re: Development in the North
Make it so.

#125046 - 07/20/06 02:55 PM Re: Development in the North
klcman Offline
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#125047 - 07/20/06 05:50 PM Re: Development in the North
reaper Offline
The poor horse has been DEAD for about a year and a half!!!!!

But the beatings CONTINUE!!!!!!!

I'm getting SAGA to fine CS!!!!! laugh

#125048 - 07/20/06 06:20 PM Re: Development in the North
deacon+ Offline
what about the monorail

#125049 - 07/21/06 08:46 AM Re: Development in the North
Amanda Syme Offline
the monorail is apparantly right on track!

#125050 - 07/21/06 10:00 AM Re: Development in the North
Chris Offline
Government isn't doing anything to sort out our roads which is interesting. It's actually going to be cheaper for them to pave the roads (at least those on the south side of the island) than it is to leave them in their present deplorable state.

Here's why:

In the past 2 months we've had a LOT of rain. And, we've had a LOT of first time visitors. I doubt that many of those first-timers will return to our island. It has been pathetic and embarrassing watching them struggle through our disgusting "roads." As a country we will be percieved by those tourists as being backward and 4th-world. In a sense they will see us as being a rip-off. You know, the glorious brochures and websites and the muddy reality.

Next year's May, June and July won't be as busy. In fact, next year's rainy season (June to November) will probably fall waayyyy off due to feedback about this years vacation debacles. People will simply not want to come.

So, less tourists, less taxes, everyone here tightens their belts and that means EVEN less taxes. Cheaper for the government just to bring in Medinas Construction and "Pave the damn roads, one time!"

Oh, and lots of speed bumps please. Just because we'll have good roads doesn't mean we have to have fast roads.

And with the roads south of the bridge sorted out the town council will be able to devote more resources to basic road maintenance north of the bridge.

Of course, such a wonderful pipe dream will require the PUP government working with the local UDP town council and area rep and vice-versa.

Now I KNOW I'm in La La Fantasty DreamLand.

#125051 - 07/21/06 10:24 AM Re: Development in the North
Scuba do Offline
SAGA fines CS for beating dead horse LOL
People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,241 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.