Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#125266 07/27/06 09:30 AM
L
OP Offline
L
We are going to San Pedro for diving this summer and are looking for accomodations that are reasonably priced. In March we stayed at Aquamarina Suites/nice but priced high. Since we travel often we are looking for something cheaper. I found the Tides Beach on line. Anyone know about this place? cool Any other suggestions. Any dive centres you recommend also? We'd like to go with a smaller number of people on board, rather that 12 or more as we did last time. eek

Reasonable Accomodations
single choice
accomodations (50%, 2 Votes)
diving (50%, 2 Votes)
Total Votes: 4
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
Diving
single choice
diving (75%, 3 Votes)
accomodations (25%, 1 Votes)
Total Votes: 4
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
I recommend Spindrifts for reasonably priced and close to everything.

B
B
Lorraine,

My husband and I used to stay at the Tides several times a year when we lived on the mainland. We'd come to the island for all of the amenities that we didn't have and really missed, such as hot water, air conditioning, supermarkets, restaurants and a swimming pool to cool off in. Now that we live here, if there are too many guests to stay with us, we always include the Tides in our recommendations, especially for the great price. Sabrina and Pat, the owners, are very sweet and friendly and will bend over backwards to make you feel welcome. The hotel is 3 stories, all facing the ocean. The 12 rooms all have a name rather than a room number, such as the Blue Hole and are decorated accordingly, some with murals. They are very clean and have TVs, hot water, a/c, a little fridge, and chairs out on a veranda where you can sit. They have a pool and a poolside bar cabana, where Butch the bartender will mix you a tropical drink. Room rates include breakfast, for example - eggs scrambled with ham, onions and peppers, toast, jam, and orange juice. You can eat out on the dock, that is where Patojo's dive center is located also. We snorkel with Eric (he's also a divemaster) every time we have guests, he used to work there but he now has his own boat. He usually takes just our family and we make a day of it, including a stop to Caye Caulker for lunch and shopping. He's very knowledgable and very laid back and fun loving. He brings fresh fruit and rum punch, and once he gets to know you he'll always remember to bring your favorite music. He's in no rush, so if you want to just take a while and relax with the rum punch and sit and talk or read you can.

Have fun and let us know how everything went after your trip!

D
D
Sometines I think I have sometimers but I don't recall The Tides. Can you tell me where it's located, and any contact information you may have. Thanks for the information. The better the price the longer we get to stay.

Hon Offline
//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html

...should help you place The Tides. Many of the locations on the maps are clickable so you can go directly to the Tides webpage if you want.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
North of the highschool, south of Seven Seas, the left hand side of the place (assuming you are looking at it from the water) is to the right of a side road.

For diving with smaller groups, also suggest you check out Chuck and Robbie's.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
I stayed at the Tides in October and it is wonderful. Dive with Patojo at the Tides...you can have your delicious (included) breakfast while you hear about the dives of the day. The pool is very nice. Papis is nearby for reasonably priced delicious food. Patojo, Sabrina and family and staff are excellent.

That looks GREAT! Over 5 days that is a savings of $726.75 from my regular place. Hmmmmmmm, I'll have to do some hard thinking here. I don't like to stay IN TOWN because of the noise, golf cart fumes etc.... I haven't actually ever stayed in town, we usually stay WAY up North. Are the noise and golf cart fumes that bad?

I agree about Chuck and Robbies - great guys!!!

D
D
Hon/Seashell Thanks a bunch we are in contact with them now. Hopefully will work something out.

MALIBU,we always stay close to town. I only notice the golf carts and other traffic when we are actually on the streets in town and I don't recall fumes so they must not have been too bad. There is vehicular traffic between the beach and the resorts north of the Blue Tang and Wet Willie's, but it isn't anything like what is in town.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.