Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#126113 - 08/11/06 05:41 PM We usually travel w/carryons only....
benja123 Offline
Between the tequila, sunscreen, bug spray and toiletries I wonder sending a package to myself before our trip might be cost effective? Any opinions about shipping those items ahead of our October visit would be appreciated.
And a thanks to all who post on this board, it has been extremely helpful in planning our first visit to AC (not to mention more entertaining than a daytime soap opera-not that I watch those!)

#126114 - 08/11/06 06:22 PM Re: We usually travel w/carryons only....
benja123 Offline
Thanks Casa Caracol, I was just under the impression that those items might be pricey there..I admit I do prefer drinking Anejo but couldnt care less what I brush my teeth with. And we would rather buy it there than have to check baggage so I guess we will ditch the package idea and just contribute to the local economy.
October is so far away restrictions could change. We are just so excited about coming that I have nothing better to do than bother you boarders about minutia. Appreciate your reply and counting the days.

#126115 - 08/11/06 06:28 PM Re: We usually travel w/carryons only....
Nova Offline
Question - if you don't want to check baggage and you can't bring a carryon - will you be staying at the nude resort?!? eek

#126116 - 08/11/06 06:55 PM Re: We usually travel w/carryons only....
beachboy Offline
We live the dream so we love 2 enjoy our own soap operas!

You will love SP I promise you. Every day for the past 6 years in Belize, albeit mainly on the mainland, I pinch myself to just do a reality check.

#126117 - 08/11/06 08:00 PM Re: We usually travel w/carryons only....
tacogirl Offline
Benja

war paint store has a lot of things so do the super markets

You should be able to make out ok. May cost a bit more but it all evens out in the wash

#126118 - 08/11/06 09:56 PM Re: We usually travel w/carryons only....
ida_y_vuelta Offline
i found the costs for some items to be about the same cost as home for toiletries! After i left my friends stayed behind a little longer and they ran out of shave gel! They said that was so expensive to buy there but everything else wasn't too bad... Average pricing...

#126119 - 08/11/06 11:53 PM Re: We usually travel w/carryons only....
wonderwoman Offline
where's the nude resort?? i wanna know now....wanna go there now...am hot...hee, hee..this is getting too weird! Can't believe all the blank that is going on! So sad for everyone in the world who travels! Toiletries, etc. are not expensive here, so no worries.

#126120 - 08/12/06 12:32 AM Re: We usually travel w/carryons only....
lovey and thurston Offline
Linda, R.B. said to tell you the "nude" beach is right in front of our house. Any time!!! laugh laugh

#126121 - 08/12/06 01:00 AM Re: We usually travel w/carryons only....
Ernie B Offline
Im in !

#126122 - 08/12/06 01:03 AM Re: We usually travel w/carryons only....
lovey and thurston Offline
Great timing, Leaving for Thailand in the a.m.
That over worked cliche "Where in the Hell is Belize?" is beginning to actually sound appealing. laugh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,016 Topics
462,196 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.