Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#126210 08/13/06 05:34 PM
L
OP Offline
L
I am flying to Belize City on October 23rd with 2 friends. One of them is scared to fly and both hate small aircrafts. They really don't want to make the flight to San Pedro. I've read that there is a water taxi from Belize City to San Pedro. Except for the fact that it takes longer than flying, are there any concerns that I should be aware of? My plane lands at 2:35pm and the last water taxi leaves at 4:30pm. Is that enough time to make it out of the airport and to the marine terminal?

X
X
Longhorns are barred from the San Pedro! wink Actually, providing your plane is on time, that should be enough time to catch a taxi to the marina, have a Belikin (or two) and get the water taxi to AC. You will stop at Caye Caulker on the way. Have fun.

yea if your plane is on time you will make it to the water taxi no problem...when we landed in belize city at 2:45pm, we had more than enough time smile have fun!

~* Kerri *~
XIIth - you must be an aggie.

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!! :p

ArtZ SmartZ
haahhaa! that looks like the 10:30 taxi we were on the other day. man, when that bad boy stopped at CC, the sun was we cookin us like eggs on a griddle. didn't feel it when we were in motion, tho.

but the express one at 4:30 wasn't nearly that bad. no stops at CC and hardly anyone on it.... maybe bcuz it was a tuesday?????

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks everybody (even the Aggie!) for your help!

I took the water taxi once. The boat was filled to capacity & beyond. The boat hovered barely above the surface of the water = we were so over
loaded. One passenger asked for a life jacket.
The boat Captain replied '...life jacket...?' it was an experience, but then I don't mind the small planes.

when in doubt...do without
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I almost always take the water taxi in, unless I'm just coming for the weekend. Sometimes very full, sometimes not so much. I love it and wouldn't do it any other way. The breeze feels great, watching the water change color as you leave the mainland is beautiful, great chance to chat with some locals. Ask someone to tell you about each of the cayes as you pass them. It's the perfect way to start your vacation. smile

oh yea first impressions last the longest and what a great first impression for my first time in belize

~* Kerri *~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.