Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#126534 - 08/22/06 02:42 AM CLIFF JUMPING?? HANG GLIDING??
Stephania*21 Offline
Gonna be back in December, looking to try these 2 extreme sports. Are there places to do this, or any other extreme sports?? Bunji jumping???
CLIFF JUMPING?? HANG GLIDING??
Only one choice allowed (1 total votes)
Cliff Jumping? Hang Gliding? - 1 (100%)
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago

~*~Ania~*~

#126535 - 08/22/06 12:13 PM Re: CLIFF JUMPING?? HANG GLIDING??
Diane Campbell Offline
Try Ian Anderson's Adventure Camp for some exciting activities. Not the preceise activities you describe, but some excellent challenges - the famous 'Black Hole Drop" has a notable pucker factor.

#126536 - 08/22/06 03:33 PM Re: CLIFF JUMPING?? HANG GLIDING??
Barbara K Offline
If you will be on the mainland, call tour guide Patrick Warrior for extreme adventure activities. 011-501-606-7714. Not much extreme adventure on the island except for the skydiving event in Feb.

#126537 - 08/22/06 03:37 PM Re: CLIFF JUMPING?? HANG GLIDING??
spots101x Offline
Skydiving in Feb. is about as extreme as I'd like to get...hope to be there!

#126538 - 08/22/06 06:14 PM Re: CLIFF JUMPING?? HANG GLIDING??
Stephania*21 Offline
thanks guys, unfortunetly I wouldn't be able to do the skydiving in feb cause I don't have atleast 500 dives under my belt, actually I've never even done it once...haha, but I heard that's what you have to have in oder to qualify....

Barbara, do u know what tour company Patrick Warrior works with?? I'd like to check out the website....also, where on the mainland...belize city?

~*~Ania~*~

#126539 - 08/22/06 07:45 PM Re: CLIFF JUMPING?? HANG GLIDING??
SanHam2 Offline
I agree with Diane, check out Ian Anderson's Cave Branch. I just got back and I think you'll find some extreme sports you'll like. The black hole drop combines a steep hike through the jungle and then repel down. The waterfall hike involves climbing through waterfalls and then a freefall jump. The Mayan ceremonial cave expedition involves hiking, climbing and squeezing through small caves. I just got back from caves branch, and while I did not do those activities due to the difficulty level vs. my fitness level I met a lot of people who were very pleased with the thrill factor. Check it out I think you'll enjoy the atmosphere.

#126540 - 08/22/06 09:32 PM Re: CLIFF JUMPING?? HANG GLIDING??
reaper Offline
Stephania*21...you can make a tandem jump with us in February. The 500 jump minimum is for experienced jumpers.
A number of regular posters here have jumped with us and are hooked to say the least!
We have done 190 tandems in two years and expect to do about 100+ again in February...as long as Amanda Syme does her "Sunshine Dance" and we get blue skies! cool

#126541 - 08/22/06 09:43 PM Re: CLIFF JUMPING?? HANG GLIDING??
Windjammer Offline
Woo Hoo!!! Is it February yet? :p

#126542 - 08/22/06 11:32 PM Re: CLIFF JUMPING?? HANG GLIDING??
Stephania*21 Offline
Good to know reaper! I will most definitly keep this in mind!! wink

~*~Ania~*~

#126543 - 08/23/06 12:16 AM Re: CLIFF JUMPING?? HANG GLIDING??
Barbara K Offline
Patrick is based in San Ignacio. His company is Tropical Adventure but doesn't currently have a website. You can call him directly, book him through me or email him at patrick@barbsbelize.com. Best to email him then call a few days later. He's the guide most of the hotels & jungle lodges in the San Ignacio area call if people are looking for "extreme" adventure. He guides with Pacz Tours, Mayawalk, PACT, etc. Does specialty stuff...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (ron, Marty, dabunk, 2 invisible), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,375 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.