Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#126569 - 08/23/06 09:36 PM Placencia
Kerri_Canada Offline
Hi All! I'll be in san pedro in dec and jan and my friend and i are going to check out placencia for a couple days...any suggestions on where to stay in the village would be great (decent place but on a budget). Also if any suggestions on things to check out and do while we are there would be appreciated as well. thanks!

#126570 - 08/23/06 10:56 PM Re: Placencia
Pedro1 Offline
stay in SP-the only decent places are Roberts Grove and Turtle Inn and both are top end

#126571 - 08/24/06 03:23 PM Re: Placencia
Barbara K Offline
Seaspray, Lydia's Guest House, Deb & Dave's, Westwind, Tradewinds, Barracuda & Jaguar. LOTS of budget places to choose from. www.placencia.com

#126572 - 08/24/06 04:41 PM Re: Placencia
mountain Larry Offline
My wife and I have stayed at Barnicle Bills Beach Bungalows in Maya Beach just north of Placencia on three different occasions. It is a great place! Bill and Adrianne are great hosts, they can set you up for anything that you might be looking for.

#126573 - 08/24/06 04:55 PM Re: Placencia
dabunk Offline
I second Barnacle Bills. Stayed there about 2 months ago. Beautiful beach, very private, excellent cabanas, fully stocked.

#126574 - 08/24/06 05:25 PM Re: Placencia
Kerri_Canada Offline
do you think i woudl need to book anything in advance say in the first week of jan??? we dont know for sure when we are going yet and were just going to play everything by ear since its only for a couple of days...might even just be one night...but just asking since it is peak time. thanks for all your replies!

#126575 - 08/24/06 05:42 PM Re: Placencia
hil71 Offline
Ranguana is brilliant - right on the beach, between $60-80 per night - google Ranguana Belize and it will come up -

#126576 - 08/24/06 06:06 PM Re: Placencia
Barbara K Offline
I would say you probably should book in advance. Some of these places only have 2 or 4 rooms. January can be very busy...

#126577 - 08/24/06 08:37 PM Re: Placencia
mountain Larry Offline
January, yes, book in advance. Branicle Bills I believe requires a five night minimum stay I would e-mail them and ask.

#126578 - 08/26/06 06:57 PM Re: Placencia
Kerri_Canada Offline
i know placencia is small but what do you recommend doing while we are there??? anything i should for sure check out?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (dawg), 47 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,077 Topics
462,359 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.