Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#126651 08/27/06 06:11 PM
S
SFJeff Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello all...

Posting this mssg on behalf of our neighbor. Looking for ANY information regarding a missing dog. The dog is a GREAT DANE (no doubt the only one on the island, if not in the country.) He answers to the name of "King", is as gentle/sweet as can be and as big as a small horse. King lives just south of Costa Maya and has been missing since MONDAY. He likes to wander the beach and, with as friendly a disposition as can be, would most likely easily follow someone. There is an relatively reliable report that he was seen walking with two children/teenagers in the Tres Cocos area Monday afternoon/evening.

It's feared that King may have been taken off the island.

'asking for ANY information that will lead to his safe return. Reward offered by owner.

Pic hopefully posted soon... King is rather easily recognized though...

Thanks.

[Linked Image]

My prayers are for King's safe return...for a dog lover, these negative traits about the island are so discouraging.

Be a pal, save a Dal.
Y
Y
We can only hope "King" didn't know the way to the Yacht Club.

Find him yet?

My guess is a croc has got the dog

why the negative thoughts...

well at any rate keep positive because you never know!!

negative thoughts-it is a fact of life that we have too many crocs that attack dogs-our problem is that crocs are a protected species(I believe we should start culling them)-very negative accusing people of stealing the dog

i don't recall anyone accusing anyone of anything all that was said was that it was feared... not someone did...

yeah it is a fact of life but it doesn't hurt for someone to want to find their dog... would you just give up like that if a family member went missing and just say "oh well maybe a croc got at them"... prob not... let ppl be hopeful and come to their own terms with their loss...

That dog would scare the crap out of a croc. You should be more carful peter , Some people think of there pets as family and could get very angry with your statement. You could find yourself in front of a croc someday making statements like that. eek

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
JZB Offline
I'm certain the owner knows that there is a possibility that his dog could have met up with a croc. I think this is a slim possibility as this dog is the size of a small pony and it would have been one huge ass croc. What is more likely is that this dog is being held by someone or stolen. I have heard a couple times over the years that unusual (for Belize) pure bred dogs have been stolen and sold. It wouldn't surprise me especially if King is the type to just wander off and play with anyone friendly.
Peter, have a little compassion. What if Charlie went missing for a couple days and someone came to you and said she was eaten by a croc? Although you would know it may be unlikely, it would still break your heart.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.