You are cordially invited to attend a presentation of the
results and recommendations of

THE BELIZE COASTAL TOURISM PROJECT

Presented by

Amy Diedrich, Ph.D.
Department of Marine Affairs
University of Rhode Island

The presentation will be at 2.00 pm on Monday September 4th in the Coastal Zone Management Authority Training Room, Belize City

This research was funded by the Oak Foundation and carried out by a researcher from the University of Rhode Island and a team of Belizean research assistants in March – November 2005. The objective of the study was to assess the environmental, socio-cultural and economic impacts of tourism development in six coastal communities in Belize including Punta Gorda, Hopkins, Placencia, San Pedro, Caye Caulker and Belize City. Over 700 survey interviews were conducted with Belizean people and tourists visiting Belize. This information has been used to generate a series of recommendations for enhancing the competitiveness and sustainability of Belize’s tourism market.

The 30 minute presentation will be followed by an open question and answer session. I would appreciate it if you would please RSVP to this address to let me know if you or any additional people from your organization will be attending. If you have any questions or would like to preview any of the documents related to this project prior to the meeting please let me know.

Sincerely,

Amy Diedrich

see here for more
http://AmbergrisCaye.com/kevin/11.html