Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#126996 09/04/06 03:03 PM
OP Offline
I am interested in anyone who would be interested in coming out of the woodwork for a Charity Rugby Union Football Match against a Visiting Team Challenge which has been made to me.

This will be purely fun and not rivalry.

We need a nucleus of 25 persons to allow us to replace as we tire out. Beers will be had at half time and replacements. Sobriety will not be tolerated.

Please I am interested in all comments from persons whether you have had previous experience or not. American Football experience would be much appreciated.

Large Mayan builds much appreciated for front row.

Adam

C
C
leave your RUGBY back in england mate !!!!
just playing, i would be interested but i am currently not on AC right now, sorry

Rugby is brutal enough on your body...so what nice grass pitch are you playing on?
The soccer field will wreck everyone!
Better put Island Ferry on alert!

Maybe cricket would be a better pastime event. I cringe just thinking about the potentially serious injuries that can occur in a rugby match. Contact sports should probably be played within 10 miles of a fully equipped hospital.

Having said that, if you get 25 short, squat, no-neck players for your team - I'll come out to watch!

There used to be a rugby team on the mainland, comprised mainly of Brit soldiers. You might try to find out if anyone is still there and interested. If you get a team together, I can get you another match with a New Hampshire team that loves to travel.

C
C
What's the "Charity"?

OP Offline
The British Army will be our opposition they probably can lend us a few players.

Reaper Rugby is not that brutal. Unfortunately Island Ferry will be without some of its' members especially as Sterling is an experienced Rugby player. He even has two Rugby Balls.

We will all be strapped up to reduce fall burns. We may even go to touch Rugby which prevents injuries as the contact is restricted to set pieces.

Cricket is a wonderfull idea Amanda. Do you know of anyone on the Island who has a full set of kit?

The Charity is BDARRT.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
A distinguished neurosurgeon who treated me years ago after an accident damaged my neck told me that neck and upper spinal malfunctions in later life are very common amongst people who played rugby and serious football (Rnglish - soccer) as teenagers. The rugby scrum and "heading" in football were the primary causes.

S
S
Well, life is not a spectator sport (thanks adidas)!

I'm in and would love to beat on some limey's!

Sports enhancing substances allowed right?

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
OP Offline
Thank You SIN,

Any other takers?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.