Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#127304 - 09/18/06 12:26 PM Ruby's
BFaucett Offline
I am planning a 2 week trip to San Pedro by myself in November and I was considering staying at Ruby's because the price is right. Is it a decent enough place to crash for a couple weeks?
Would I need air conditioning in November?
I need another vacation.

#127305 - 09/18/06 01:38 PM Re: Ruby's
SeaDreams Offline
Hi Bob -

Husband and I stayed at Ruby's on our last trip back in May. Completely lived up to what I'd read on this forum... clean and basic. No phone, TV, radio, alarm, etc. We wanted to take advantage of the time we had and weren't planning on spending much time in the room. Any down time in the room not sleeping was sitting on the balcony watching the foot traffic go by and enjoying the breezes(beachside room).

Have to admit I loved the AC though - made sleeping much easier.
My reality check bounced.

#127306 - 09/18/06 01:54 PM Re: Ruby's
BFaucett Offline
Thanks for the reply. I stayed at Banana Beach in May of 2005 and I agree that AC was needed but I wonder if is needed in November? Maybe a local can answer this?
I need another vacation.

#127307 - 09/18/06 02:07 PM Re: Ruby's
captjeff Offline
Banana beach and rubys is like night and day . Rubys no ammenities,no frills nada, nothing .Now having said that if you want just a bed and chill and pay next to nothing $$ then rubys is your place.
Living The Dream Every Day!

#127308 - 09/18/06 02:15 PM Re: Ruby's
deacon+ Offline
If you really want to save check out Pedro' Inn. If the promo is still on your room is FREE.

#127309 - 09/18/06 02:34 PM Re: Ruby's
BFaucett Offline
I like Ruby's because its on the beach and I don't think that Pedro's is.
There is no question that Banana Beach is a much better place but its a lot more expensive for a long term stay. I am close to retiring and I want to try Ruby's to see if I can handle it for a month or 2 in the winter. Just give me a bed, a place to dive and fish, and a nearby place to drink a few beers and I am happy.
I need another vacation.

#127310 - 09/18/06 02:40 PM Re: Ruby's
Ruby's is a good choice for you. You might also check out the Conch Shell, northward on the beach about 3 blocks. You won't need AC.

#127311 - 09/18/06 03:08 PM Re: Ruby's
BFaucett Offline
Thanks, I will check it out.
I need another vacation.

#127312 - 09/18/06 03:25 PM Re: Ruby's
krehfish Offline
Bob: I've put my time in at both Ruby's and BB. They're really different strokes and comparing them probably isn't fair. BB is, for the price and amnenities, unrivalled. However, Ruby's has the early morning hustle of the cafe, and you can literally watch the town wake up-fisherman gearing up, diving boats getting ready, joggers etc. For me the difference was that on the mornings I wasn't fishing and I'd had my fill of coffee and didn't want to read, at Ruby's, I could wander around town and see all variey of activity. I felt just a bit secluded at BB-which of course is not all bad either.
Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.

#127313 - 09/18/06 04:51 PM Re: Ruby's
captjeff Offline
bf did you say a month or two ,because you asked about b/b or rubys for two weeks in november ???,but never said two months thats is a lot of money $ between the two !!!!!!!!! again night and day!!!!!!!between places.good luck in your quest..
Living The Dream Every Day!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,742 Topics
461,319 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.