here's a note from some folks we sent some contributions to early on after Iris...
========

We are told in Ephesians 5:20 to "give thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." As I was reflecting over the past months, I see all the blessings as well as the trials that God has allowed in our lives. Thank you, Lord, that I can stand on Your promise in Romans 8:28 that You work all things together for good to those who love You and are called according to Your purposes.

Seeing as how it is Thanksgiving Day in the U.S., we wanted to say a special "Thank You" to all of you who have been a part of God's blessing in our lives and in the ministry here in Belize. Your obedience in giving in whatever way God led you is much appreciated. God is our greatest resource, but he chooses to use ordinary people to channel His blessings and fulfill needs. What a Mighty God we serve!

Just a quick update on the ministry here. Bob, along with five people from Boom Creek village and the Heidemann family(the family presently living in the "big house" with us) are in Belize City at an orientation for Christmas in a Shoebox. This Samaritan Purse ministry is focusing on Southern Belize because of the devastation of Hurricane Iris. Yes, it is Thanksgiving Day, but not a holiday in Belize. Business as usual(ha).

I (Rhonda) am serving as Principal/teacher at Living Word School which includes teaching the 3rd and 4th grades. We are praying for a principal and teacher to relieve me of some of my duties so that I can spend more time at home and devote more time to other areas of ministry. Richard and Paula Lamb (with children Blake and Kathy) of Athens, TX., have joined us in service here. Paula is helping in my classroom at school and Richard is beginning the foundation of our home in Boom Creek village. It is great when God sends co-laborers!

Bob continues to preach at Living Word Church in Boom Creek and serves many needs throughout the week. We are the basic transportation for the villagers, so we are responsible for transporting teachers to and from school, delivering expectant mothers to the clinic every Wednesday, and tending to other needs among the people that might arise. Our target is outreach into Guatemala from Boom Creek. For all this to happen, much preparation is necessary. Things in Belize don't happen as quickly as they might in the U.S. Sometimes that is frustrating, but we have to keep reminding ourselves that it is all in God's timing. He has the Plan, we just have to persevere in trust and obedience to Him.

With regards to Hurricane Iris, the relief efforts of the Red Cross and the National Emergency Management Organization have been wonderful. We were able to help a lot in the initial efforts of tending to food, transportation, and medical needs because it took a little while for the larger organizations to get set up and into operation. Presently, most of the homes are being rebuilt and personal needs are being met. I heard on the radio this morning that aide was given by helping plant corn crops in the villages. Through funds sent to us for disaster relief, we have been able to help with the rebuilding needs of a pastor and his family in the village of San Pedro Columbia. We also were able to distribute clothes and household items that were donated to us. God is good!

Continue to keep us in your prayers. There are needs all around us and we need to know where the Lord wants our efforts. We love and appreciate you all in the Name of Jesus. Happy Thanksgiving to you with our love, Bob, Rhonda, Meredith and Hannah Farley