Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#128643 10/25/06 07:24 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the help with the big boat question. The logical extension is where should the big boat take us? We're very experienced snorkelers/divers, but we have kids with us, so we're looking for quiet, kid-friendly locations that are good enough to keep the adults entertained. Preferably off the beaten path.

An aside... Is Caye Caulker worth a day trip?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Caye Caulker is worth at least a day trip.
Don't write-off local dive and snorkel spots just because they are 'frequented', mostly all are good. Lots of cayes to the south not so frequented and mcuh of the reefs especially leeside reefs at Turneffe (20 miles offshore) are super. Toughest part is trying to squeeze too much in, there is that much to do and see.
Have fun! laugh

For a less crowd try Mexico rocks & Robles to the North,
If you do the Caye Chaulker trip you will stop at Hol Chan & Shark Ray Alley & have lunch on C. C. I do love C.C. because it reminds me how S.P. was back in the 80s

A big boat cannot get in at Robles.

Winnie Estelle does a nice job taking folks to various spots and to Caye Caulker too - why not ask Captain Roberto to take you to Hol Chan, SharkRay Alley, Coral Gardens and Caye Caulker (for lunch - go to Rainbow) ........ Coral Gardens is on the way to Caye Caulker and is not often visited by groups - it is a huge snorkel area, but be careful not to get lost in the mazes of coral - I did that once and had to swim a LONG way to get out and thence back to the boat.

C
OP Offline
C
That does sound good, but I just found out that Roberto (and I assume the Winnie Estelle) doesn't get back to AC until December. Rats! That sounded like a perfect boat! Any other trawler-type thoughts?

Unity Tours maybe?

//ambergriscaye.com/unitytours/index.html

C
OP Offline
C
Thier Cat looks nice, but I don't know if we're a sailing kind o' group.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
IMHO - with a group of 15 that may not want to sail - for a day trip to CC with snorkeling stops and lunch if you contact one of the locals they can put together two boats, theirs or combined with a friend, and get you all there together.I would suggest contacting Alfonse or his father Pete Graniel directly. Tell them how many and where you want to go and I'm sure they will accomodate.
A trip to Turneffe may be more complicated but there isn't anything that can't "happen"! cool

Have fun!

SEAduced Tours has a nice big catamaran called SEAduction. Spacious, motorized, good bathroom & kitchen - excellent catering if you so choose.
This is a good alternative for your group.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 160 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.