Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#129115 - 11/05/06 01:19 AM computer programs
tacogirl Offline
I was wondering if anyone had a copy of microsoft office or microsoft works.

I am one of those who needs spell check.

#129116 - 11/05/06 04:22 AM Re: computer programs
Kra-Z-K Offline
for now you can use this until you get it.
cut and paste your text here.

http://www.spellcheck.net/

My friend who is one of the computer guys here probably sells copies, his copies of everything are extremly well prices and reasonable. I will send him a message.

#129117 - 11/05/06 05:06 AM Re: computer programs
Pam&Dave Offline
Thanks Keli smile

#129118 - 11/05/06 05:07 AM Re: computer programs
Kra-Z-K Offline
sure thing! glad it helped someone else too!
Keli

#129119 - 11/05/06 05:11 AM Re: computer programs
Anonymous
Keli, I'm just curious. Are the "copies" legit or are they pirated? Pirating is illegal, even if done in another country and it costs us all money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement_of_software

Of course this would not apply if your friend has purchased copyright privileges.

#129120 - 11/05/06 05:25 AM Re: computer programs
Kra-Z-K Offline
you just asked me this in a PM. I thought today you even said you now think it is best we don't talk on the board?

I will answer your question again since you asked and I don't like to ignore questions if I can answer.

No clue if they are legit or not. It is not my concern. That is between the computer man and the person who wants to purchase, I don't sell and was answering Taco's question...she asked for a "copy." I assume not considering nothing in this town is legit for dvds and cds.

Translvania Tech (the movie rental store) sells all their movies copied and bootleg with their name on it.

The CD stores are all copied cds too and put their names and copied covers from the orginals on them. Not my concern, fortunately not my area of business and just letting her know if she wants a copy. All throughout the city you find this too.

#129121 - 11/05/06 05:30 AM Re: computer programs
Anonymous
Actually I posted after the PM so that I could post the link and maybe people would think twice. Any way you characterize it, it's stealing. That should be everyone's concern and I'm surprised you would be a part of enabling people to engage in criminal activity.

#129122 - 11/05/06 05:35 AM Re: computer programs
Kra-Z-K Offline
You are right. I never said it was not stealing or right! I answered her question as we have no way to get that here.

All your friends here engage in this behavior as every person who rents DVDs here, purchases CDs here, etc have no choice. We do not have real copies here.

We are going to bed. Law, let it go. You keep starting up new arguements and I am not agueing, I agree!! I answered her question on how to get the copy. All she would have had to do is ask in town and anyone who lives here would have said the same.

#129123 - 11/05/06 05:41 AM Re: computer programs
Pam&Dave Offline
Good night Keli - Thanks again!

#129124 - 11/05/06 05:46 AM Re: computer programs
Anonymous
It's okay, just another area where we have a different viewpoint. No hard feelings.
Pam, I'm surprised you approve as well, what with your legal training and all. I'm always amazed that people think theft is somehow justifiable. Is there anything else on the island where lack of easy access justifies stealing?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 70 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.