Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Terri Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hello. I was wondering if there is any other place very close to Maruba Resort to stay over night. The rooms are pricey there and we would like to visit for Spa treatments only. If anyone has information on this please let me know. Thanks. One more question, we are coming to Belize the first week of January. Should I expect a lot of rain? Or what will the weather be like? How about the ocean temperature?

There's not much near Maruba, which is in a fairly isolated area on the Old Northern Highway. There is a village, Maskall, nearby, which might have a room in a local house, but it would be very, very basic. There used to be a great place nearby, Pretty See Ranch, but it closed and is now for sale.

You could stay in Crooked Tree (Paradise Inn and Bird's Eye View Ldoge are nice, low-moderate priced places) or near Orange Walk Town, either of which would be maybe an hour away by car.

When I was at Altun Ha a few weeks ago, I did see one place on the spur road that I recall was offering rooms in a house, but I don't know the name or contact.

Should be little rain in January. Weather will be about like South Florida.

As I noted in a separate message, you might also think about the new spa at Chaa Creek. Not quite as "exotic," but run more like a professional spa. And lots more to do around Chaa Creek than around Maruba.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
The day tour from Ambergris to Altun Ha stops at Maruba for your enjoyment, I do not know if the time allowed will give time for a treatment, but it worth checking out. The tour is about $70.00 per person. Your hotel in Ambergis should be able to give you the time that will be allowed at Maruba. Enjoy.

Dare To Deviate
S
S
The last time I was there was a couple of years ago. We went to Altun Ha and came back through Maruba for lunch. Not enough time for a spa treatment, but certainly enough time for a shot of "viper rum!"

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.