Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#130156 11/22/06 05:07 PM
OP Offline
Not wanting to take away from Capt Jeffs anouncement in any way but there will be a Piccary (Wild Boar), Wahu, Chicken and Seafood Pibil this Saturday with live music from "Gino" in the "Turkey Free Zone".

Pibil can be many types of food cooked underground as CJ described. The flavour is using spices and Plantain Leaves typically. Real Garifuna Food.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Adam, you are shameless.

And you can't spell either.

OP Offline
Can never expect to be up to Capt Jeffs standards though.

S
S
for what it's worth, Capt Jeff did not make the above-referred-to announcement... rather, uh... I did. I do trust that our cooking will be up to the Capt's standards though.

Jeff / Rojo Lounge

aka: SFJeff

not: Capt' Jeff

OP Offline
Sorry Jeff If I stole your thunder in any way. We have been planning our weekly Pibil for some months now. This was to be our first week.

I would expect your reputation for producing some of the finest food in the country to continue.

Good luck in your endeavours.

Adam

Let's see... so far you've misspelled the names of the items you are cooking and mis-identified a top chef on the island. Hope you can handle the pibil, which by the way is not Garifuna but rather a Yucatec cooking method.

Try Googling PIBIL and get an education before you post.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Adam, if you have been planning this for "some months now" it is even more shameless that you waited until someone else posted their event and then tried to horn in.

The more I see from you, the more I am confident I made the correct decision in deciding to avoid you and your establishment. But that's just my opinion.

OP Offline
I stick to my original comments 100%.

There are many ways of Pibil. Jamaica has its own as does Mexico. The Mexican method is a much slower method using more spices. The Jamaican method uses Jerk spices. The traditional Mayan Method has light spicing and is done much quicker. It is the smoke which adds the flavour.

Some methods use Banana Leaf others Plantain.

That is the Belizean Pibil everyone understands as our own here.

Strctly speaking it should be served with Corn Tortilla. Nowadays it is more common to use Flour Tortillas in Belize.

Beans and Salsa are also served nowadays.

Law, the Pibil Pit was built at the time of construction some 7 month ago. This is not a last minute idea.

The Press will carry the adverts this week put in before deadline and before the other post.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.