Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#13034 - 07/28/00 03:18 PM mud bath?
dphil56 Offline
What's this I read about a mud bath. Where is it and how does one go about obtaining one! I also am guessing that it's not free. How much?

#13035 - 07/28/00 07:01 PM Re: mud bath?
Terri Offline
Marubu resort has mud baths. I think it is around $40.00. They have a website. Type Maruba into yahoo and it will come up. I am planning on trying it when I get to Belize. I think Maruba is 30 miles away from the airport in Belize City.

#13036 - 07/28/00 07:13 PM Re: mud bath?
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Maruba Spa, off the Old Northern Highway in Belize District, is the place that promotes mud baths. Chaa Creek just west of San Ignacio has a new spa facility and is probably the most complete and professional spa in Belize. Royal Mayan in Benque is another spa. Rosita Arvigo's little place in Cayo also offers some spa-like treatments.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

#13037 - 08/02/00 02:50 PM Re: mud bath?
dphil56 Offline
Hey Terri, please let me know how the mud bath goes, if you try one. I'd really love to know. dphil70359@hotmail.com

#13038 - 08/02/00 05:05 PM Re: mud bath?
Terri Offline
I'll let you know but I am not going until January. I wish it were sooner! (If we both remember this in January, we will laugh thinking that it originally came up in August!)

[This message has been edited by Terri (edited 08-02-2000).]

#13039 - 08/02/00 07:31 PM Re: mud bath?
Chloe Offline
Oh Terri you will remember us on this board and know we are waiting for you to tell us of your wonderful trip to Belize. You will be so bubbling over, you will have to tell us.

#13040 - 08/02/00 07:39 PM Re: mud bath?
dphil56 Offline
Hey Terri, that's when I'll be there. Jan 7th thru the 14th. I'm like you, can't wait to get down there!

#13041 - 08/02/00 08:03 PM Re: mud bath?
Terri Offline
This board is like an addiction (at least it is a healthy one) so, Chole, I am sure you are correct about January!

[This message has been edited by Terri (edited 08-02-2000).]

#13042 - 08/04/00 04:29 PM Re: mud bath?
MamaLiz Offline
I stayed at Maruba for a couple days in May. My friend and I had the mud massage. It was a typical full body massage, but rather than lotion or oil they used mud. The ambiance there is incredible and made it a magical experience. After the massage we were led to the bathhouse where a woman poured buckets of water over us to rinse the mud away. The first splashes startled the frogs that were resting on the wall and they scampered away. It was intoxicating.

#13043 - 08/04/00 04:48 PM Re: mud bath?
Chloe Offline
Question, which is the best order to do Marbua and Ambergris? Marbua first, or last?

I have wondered about the order, I enjoy coming home with my glow from Ambergris so much, but looking forward to visiting Maruba.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,056 Topics
462,284 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.