Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#130669 - 03/25/03 10:10 PM Puppies for adoption!
SimonB Offline
SAGA Society is always looking for loving parents for the strays that are picked up off the streets during our regular "round ups".

Our goal is to pick up unhealthy or injured un-collared dogs, nurse them back to health if possible and then adopt them out to loving homes.

As the vet is in town each Friday it's a fairly simple process to obtain the required health certificates to transport an adopted pet back to the US or Canada should you desire to provide a home out of the country (many dogs and cats from Belize now live in loving homes outside of the country).

If you wish to visit the clinic while on the island you can contact SAGA at saga@btl.net or just drop by the clinic, which is located directly across the street from Ramon's Village.

As usual, donations are always gratefully accepted through the SAGA website (www.ambergriscaye.com/sagasociety), through the coin boxes around town and at the clinic itself.

SAGA is in the middle of a fund drive to raise funds for a new shelter that will be better able to house and care for more animals and to provide veterinary care to those persons who have pets but are unable to afford the services.

For the residents of Ambergris Caye, we ask that you please put a collar on your pet(s) to ensure that they are not inadvertently picked up during one of the "round ups". If your pet goes missing please contact the clinic or the police immediately, as, after 30 days, they will be considered abandoned. We also ask of all those who are able to please have your cat or dog spayed or neutered.

Best regards,

#130670 - 03/26/03 12:49 AM Re: Puppies for adoption!
dbdoberman Offline
just received my tank in the mail today, Simon, nice shirt, thanks.

I wish you folks success in getting the new shelter built. Don't know how folks can visit AC, see the strays and not donate - but then, I am a sucker for pups. I will be stopping by.

#130671 - 03/26/03 09:25 AM Re: Puppies for adoption!
Marie Offline
Saga is a wonderful group, and the stray population has reduced significantly. I try to find two dogs a year to take to them, and donate $50 each for them to be neutered. Only corraled one this year, still gave them $100. I think I need to up that next year. They can use all the help they can get. It was only about a year ago that the village last put out poison for the strays, and 30 or so had a mean death. I understand Saga has made an agreement to take in the ones who are not saveable, and humanely euthanize them. That doesn't sit well with me, but is a lot better than randomly killing any dog who comes along. Check with Eileen at the San Pedro Sun. Good woman. I told her about one with a bad eye I couldn't get, and a injured cat. She said she will look for them, and she will. Good folks.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Pokey, 2 invisible), 72 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,689 Topics
461,191 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.