Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
fair warning, this msg is long, but may be useful for you.

2 wks in Belize! We stayed for 18 days this past May and had the time of our lives. We can't wait to go back!

CAYE CAULKER

To offer you some feedback, definitely go to Caye Caulker and see if you can stay with Chocolate and Annie Seahorse. They have the absolute nicest place on the island and it isn't too expensive. Whether you stay with them or not, definitely make sure that you go on a tour with Chocolate to visit the Manatees. It is an absolutely amazing experience. Mooving. Caye Caulker is laid back with a lot of tours available.

AMBERGRIS CAYE is more touristry. Still a lot of fun. tonnes of tours, great food. We stayed @ Carribean Villas. Everyone there is super friendly/knowledgable. It begins with a tour of the town in a golf cart after you are picked up @ the airstrip. then you get to see the paradise area Caribbean Villa's is set up on. Definitely wake up @ dawn to see the birds from the perch. Also, stay up late and watch the stars from the hottub. The placeis out of town, but in the beautiful relaxed atmosphere of Belize, the walk on the beach is superb. Also be sure to ask for Alfonz if doing snorkeling. If you have not snorkeled b4 (and even if you have) there are a lot of fish under the pier @ CV (and the water is not deep).

CAYO DISTRICT

we have heard that Maya Mtn is good for families. Otherwise i would stear clear of the place. So expensive! So far away from town. The goal @ the place is to provide an all exclusive vacation spot. I wouldn't go for it. Stay in town! It is amazing. Go on Tony's River Tours. lots of fun.

THE BELIZE ZOO

is a definite. how else will you see a Black Panther? imagine seeing all of her muscles and spots glimmering in the sunshine. Imagine you jumping when she comes less than a metre away! (don't worry, there is a fence b/w you and her) check out the parrots here too, they love to mock you! you also get to see a lot of the brilliance of the other animals (toucan, tapir, ocelot, howler monkeys).

Other tips, the water was safe for us to drink everywhere we went. but be sure to carry a bottle (tap or not) with you whereever you go (maybe 2 or 3 bottles). bring tonnes of sunscrean and tonnes of aloe vera for after you burn. and remember to have fun!

if you have any questions, feel free to email me : [email protected]

Two weeks goes fast. Being on the lazy side, I'd like to remind ya of the advantages of nice long slow walks, and don't forget the Belizian People. To me, that is the greatest of all of the attractions in Belize. Nice friendly people, for the most part. Making a couple of Belizian friends will outlast the most awesome of tourist attractions. Good luck.

Gone fishing!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 379 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.