Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#13104 - 08/26/00 02:04 AM Cave Tubing ?
TexasCat Offline
my husband & i are going to belize in oct and we're staying on ambergris caye the first 5 nites then we want to travel to the western belize area and see the jungle & do the ian anderson cave tubing...does anyone know where to stay? we can't find much info on the cave tubing tours! does anbody have any info on this? some websites say all day tour and some include this with other tours like belize zoo. if it is a 7 or 8 mile float then it must take all day and that is what we want.
(we have a zoo here) can someone who has been there give us some pointers? CAT in Texas

#13105 - 08/26/00 11:52 AM Re: Cave Tubing ?
Marty Online   happy
There are different cave tubing tours, so thats why you get differeing information on how long they last, etc.

I know SeaDuced by Belize is doing them, http://AmbergrisCaye.com/seaduced , and check with others at: http://AmbergrisCaye.com/tours to see if they also do the tour....

you boat over to the mainland from san pedro, then a tour guide from the cave tubing spot takes over from there..

#13106 - 08/26/00 06:46 PM Re: Cave Tubing ?
TexasCat Offline
Thanks for the tip, but these sites did not
have much info. either. Guess we will just
need to contact one of the tour agencies to
find out the different options. The tube float that we would like to try is mentioned on website http://www.belizex.com/caving/cavesbranch.htm
but it doesnt exactly mention how to book it.

#13107 - 08/28/00 01:34 PM Re: Cave Tubing ?
margarita Offline
TC try www.belize.net forum. Lots of mainland info there

#13108 - 08/28/00 02:50 PM Re: Cave Tubing ?
Debbie Offline
Texas Cat,
Another Texan here. We did the jungle thing and stayed at a place called duPlooy's. It wasn't to far from San Ignacio, and they had drivers that would take you there to shop or have dinner etc. DuPlooy's has tours that they will set up and book for you. If you're a guest, they take care of all the details. A guide, a sack lunch if you need one, transportation, etc. A top notch facility and super nice people. They had several cave tours on their list of things to do. The prices seemed reasonable to me as well. The food there is to die for. The lodgings were fantastic, and if you like plants etc. the botanical gardens on the grounds were outstanding. The resort sits right on the Macal River, so you can take a canoe from there to San Ignacio any time you want. They will pick you up. The swimming in the river was "other worldly" and a very peaceful experience. I suggest looking it up on the net. They have quite a bit of information.
Debbie on the Texas Coast

#13109 - 08/28/00 04:18 PM Re: Cave Tubing ?
Chloe Offline
Debbie, did you rent a car at the aiport to get to DuPlooy, or do they have a service that can pickup and return visitors to the aiport?
Dare To Deviate

#13110 - 08/28/00 05:02 PM Re: Cave Tubing ?
silkpainter Offline
Chloe - check out DuPlooys website at http://www.duplooys.com

-Lee Vanderwalker-Alamina

#13111 - 08/28/00 05:06 PM Re: Cave Tubing ?
Debbie Offline
DuPlooy's had a car and driver waiting for us at the airport. He had a little sign with our names on it. Really kind of nice to land in a foreign country and have a stranger looking for you. He was so nice. He stopped at the grocery store for us. We were so hot and thirsty. Once into the countryside, he also stopped at some quaint little places for "potty breaks", snacks, curios, and some of the local people on the side of the road selling their wares. I guess it took about 2 hours to get to duPlooy's. Beautiful drive through the hills.

#13112 - 08/28/00 08:32 PM Re: Cave Tubing ?
TexasCat Offline
Thanks for all of the tips! I also finally found a site that offers the cave tubing trip that we were looking for at http://www.awrem.com/casamaya/daytrip.html
It says that it can't be done during high water, so we will still have to play it by ear. I understand that October is rain/skeeter season in Belize and that is when we are going. Hopefully we will have a few pretty days anyway and can't wait to be there. If we don't get to do the tubing then there seems to be plenty of other things to do. Some of the other trips on this site seem interesting as well.....
Until next time, bye yall!!!

#13113 - 09/03/00 01:31 AM Re: Cave Tubing ?
Cinca Offline
Texas Cat, we did the Barton Creek Cave Tour with David's Adventure Tours in San Ignacio. David charged $50Bz. The prices on that Maya site seems steep. David's site is www.belizex.com/davidstours.htm all his prices are listed. Enjoy your holiday!

[This message has been edited by Cinca (edited 09-02-2000).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 46 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.