Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#133094 - 11/21/00 06:31 PM Back from AC
cmfwindsor Offline
Bob and I spent last week on AC, with my mom and dad, daughter and her boyfriend. We stayed south of town, at Caribe Island Resort. We have stayed at Captain Morgan's on three previous visits and thought we would try something different. We had a great week! The people in San Pedro are resilient! The downtown area was hopping, and everything seemed to be pretty much back to normal. The affects of the hurricane are not that obvious in town, and clean up is continuing north and south, and there are few inconveniences from this. The best dinner we had was at Duane's in the Spindrift, and when we arrived there they were very apologetic because all they had to offer was lobster, stone crab claws, chicken, rice and beans and potatoes. Of course we opted for lobster and stone crab claws and it was delicious. Esteles is open, which is one of our favorites. We went snorkeling with Willie from SEArious Adventures and had lunch on Caye Caulker, which by the way, is coming along quickly! Willie was fabulous, we saw turtles, moray eels, grouper and so much more. We couldn't get in touch with Eduardo Brown from Sol Caribe, who is our favorite for fishing but hooked up with Vincent for a half day. GREAT fishing! We cooked our catch Wednesday night with lobster tails my Dad picked up at the local Co-op on the barbecue grill. (Second best meal!) We all made it up to Captain Morgan's for lunch, and they are really coming along, although there is some new construction taking place on their new office facility. I am so sorry that Edwin had a bad experience. Captain Morgan's has always been good to us. I hope he will give them a second chance. We were disappointed because we were told to be at the Sunbreeze dock at 5:30 to meet their boat so we could have dinner there on Thursday, waited for 45 minutes only to find out that they were at Fido's dock dropping off their executives that were visiting. Journey's End has a long way to go, the workers were cleaning crud out of the pool. From what I understand, the path is getting almost passable and the ferry is operating. Capricorn opened on Friday and the water taxi's are running! Palapa bar seemed busy when we went by on the water taxi. This trip was incredible, to see the how this island and it's people have come back after such a horrible hurricane is humbling. We didn't speak to one native who was feeling sorry for themselves or the situation. They have picked up and are doing their best. Remember when you are down there to tip an extra buck! They are doing their damn best to make your trip as enjoyble and memorable as they can! You better BELIZE IT! Carole from Windsor, Colorado

#133095 - 11/21/00 07:02 PM Re: Back from AC
Delila Offline
Carole,great chatting with you last night. That coupled with this report is making me soooooooo anxious to get to AC. If it weren't for Thanksgiving at Jane & Franks in PA with you all, I probably would pack my suitcases and head out to the airport today.

#133096 - 11/22/00 12:46 AM Re: Back from AC
Sandshaker Offline
Carol....really enjoyed meeting you and your family.....and thanks for letting me share a beer with you. Great Family! Tell mom thanks for the mac-n-cheese!
Glad your trip was enjoyable!

#133097 - 11/22/00 01:09 AM Re: Back from AC
cmfwindsor Offline
Ditto Sandshaker, we enjoyed it too! How are the kittens? Have a really great Thanksgiving. We will be in touch. See you next year! Carole

#133098 - 11/25/00 10:19 PM Re: Back from AC
Beach Bum Offline
Tammy- where do you work?

#133099 - 11/25/00 10:30 PM Re: Back from AC
Sandshaker Offline
Beach Bum....on Front St....across from the old...now burnt ...Rasta Pasta building.
Small white office.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.