Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#133628 01/07/01 04:57 PM
S
susangg Offline OP
OP Offline
S
A new homeless female cat now lives around the Paradise Villas condos and has two tiny adorable kittens. All three need homes! The mamacat is really pretty, light grey tabby with pronounced stripes and huge lovely green eyes. The two kittens are about 4 or 5 weeks old, one white and grey tabby and one black with tuxedo and 4 white paws. Both are really cute, the black one is really gorgeous...little puss faces!
If you live on Ambergris Caye and love cats, please consider adopting one or both of the kittens and the mother if possible. I have left cat food and money to buy more and Carlos and Eric are feeding mama and will feed the kittens as soon as they are ready to eat real food (still nursing). They know where the kittens are.
I will pay for getting them spayed/neutered if some kind catlover will take them.
MEOW!!!

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#133629 01/08/01 10:54 AM
M
M
Susan
I really hope you find a home for the cat and her kittens - I had similar situation when I was there (Sunbreeze) in December. I "adopted" a 9-week old black & white kitten (we rescued it around 3 times from being lunch for a couple of dogs!) that I called Felix. I fed him up real good, got him house-trained, tended his bad eye so it was just fine before I had to leave. Fell for him hook, line & sinker, and just couldn't leave him without trying to get him a home. If you can, try and get in touch with Bron Eastwood, or Eileen from the San Pedro Sun. They are involved with the Saga Society, and are trying to (a) get homes for the stray dogs and cats; (b) trying to spay/neuter them; and (c) trying to set up an animal shelter in SP. I noticed they have a link in from the main AC website, where you can make donations too(which are very very much needed!).
They really helped me and found a good home for Felix before I left (I am embarrassed to say it broke my heart to hand him over and I was in floods of tears - what a sucker!), and they do have other kittens to find homes for, but they are your best bet - unless you luck out and get a response from someone else in SP. I know how you must feel at leaving town and the kittens; if I could have got Felix home to England without him suffering the long journey and 6 months quarantine (and my 3 cats at home), I dearly would have loved to keep him.
Also, Sandshaker (Tammi)is very much a cat person, with kittens to find homes for too, so she may be able to get involved too.(Tammi, hope you don't mind me suggesting you!) And Anabel at Capricorn Resort was kind enough to ask around her customers too!
Please let us know how you get on?
Marilyn (a fellow catlover)

#133630 01/08/01 11:31 AM
J
J
I am so glad to discover there are other "suckers" out there. I addressed this issue a while ago but got no feedback...my husband and I are going to be in San Pedro late Feb. for two weeks. We wanted to open up a spaying clinic, at our expense, but wondered if the local vet could handle that sort of exercise. (We are not veterinarians.) If we could get all these "wild pets" spayed and neutered, a little bit of the problem might be solved.

#133631 01/08/01 01:23 PM
M
M
Oh Jerrico, Eileen and Bron will LOVE you! (as all us animal lovers will too if you can help set that up!) - you can access the Saga Society page under "Goods & Services" on main AC website, or //www.ambergriscaye.com/sagasociety/index.html
and I think somewhere I have a cellphone number for Bron - let me know if you need me to look for it - my work email is
[email protected]
It will be so brilliant if we can finally get the ball rolling on helping these poor animals! Please keep us posted.
Marilyn

#133632 01/08/01 01:53 PM
J
J
Marilyn: Thank you so much for the info. I had no knowledge of this organization. I have emailed them and will wait for a reply. Hopefully we can provide birth control for some of those wayward little critters....lol. We are going to be on San Pedro 2/26 for two weeks. We have rented Brianna's House...stop by for a Belikins!

Valerie

#133633 01/08/01 02:33 PM
M
M
Oh, Valerie, you don't know how much I would LOVE to have a Belikin or ten with you! I am sooooo jealous - unfortunately I am back in the miserable cold and wet of London, England - far from our little bit of paradise! I was just there for 2 weeks (my very first trip, but certainly not the last). I know you will have a brilliant time - and hope you manage to make a snip or two to our little feline friends (& the dogs too!). There was also an article about the Saga Society in an issue of the San Pedro Sun just before I left town, which was on the 18 December. I know they are looking for support on this issue, but were finding all things 'official' going very slowly. If you hear any news on my darling Felix, do please email me! I miss him so much, even though my 3 cats (all were strays) gave me a big welcome when I got home to them - they just don't know just how lucky they are to have a warm, loving home with me!
Good luck!
Marilyn

#133634 01/08/01 02:38 PM
J
J
WAIT....Hold The Presses! All the Belikin's you desire at Brianna's House but a cover charge of $15 going to SAGA.....that should do it! Jeeze, I hope the owners of Brianna's don't read this and cancel our trip.....lol.

#133635 01/08/01 04:43 PM
M
M
Hey, that's a great idea! I'll try and donate from my end here in London and make do with drinking boring beer like Bud Light!!
Or how about having a kittie shower? Take the kittens along to BC's sunday barbecue where all the locals go, and find them a home! (only drawback is there are kind of a lot of dogs hanging out there too.......) Charlene at BC's will go for that idea, I am sure!! Happy New Year Charlene - I bet NY Eve was a blast!!
I think everyone in town is now calling me the mad English catwoman....
Marilyn

#133636 01/08/01 05:33 PM
M
M
If you are serious about offering the pay for spay services, contact Mike De Shield at <[email protected]> He is an excellant vet based in Belizecity and tried to run a clinic twice monthly on weekends in San Pedro, but couldn't realy blance that along with everything else he does. He could certainly travel out to SP for spaying clinics, as he does in Placencia for the Humane Society there.

You don't have other options really as there isn't another vet licensed to practice on the entire island, so best to contact Mike and see what you can arrange with him.

I've used him for all my animals (and myself) for many many years and he's just wonderful, a first rate doc. He can do it.

Katie Valk
Maya Travel Services

Maya Travel Services
#133637 01/08/01 06:22 PM
J
J
Katie....yes, my husband are very serious about trying to help this situation. I have been on the phone all afternoon trying to get just basic supplies; suturing kits, dressings, etc., and none of the vet suppliers in my area will deal with me. Of course, the fact that I have a law suit going against the vets that killed my puppy might have something to do with it. Plus Legislation being presented on the 15th...wish me luck.

Your message was cut short....how do I contact Mike. I would really like to coordinate something with him. Thanks.

Valerie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.